31: On the run

Crescent POV:

  After Janice calms down I let her go, and she nods in thanks. We glance down at Scarlett, her being very unhappy by the situation. I hear Janice start to breath heavily again, "..you caused this. all of it. couldn't have just moved on huh?" She spits out pissed. Scarlett sighs grabbing her arm, "I-I, im sorry. i, need severe help. i-i-i was never good at socializing as a kid and, get obsessed easily..." she mutters out.

That makes sense, having powers trying to be raised in a normal school isn't easy. I should know, especially with a few introspects of her relationship with her mother. Janice grits her teeth and starts approaching her pissed, but I grab her shoulder. She turns to me annoyed, "Janice. She wants to change, and I truly think enough blood has been shed today." I reason, her nodding at my response.

We hear a whoosh behind us, I turn to see Star slamming her way inside pissed heading right for Scarlett. I get in the way grabbing her, she tries to fight me off but Janice joins me. "Star, stop!" I shout, slowly putting her onto the ground.

She grits her teeth but complies stating, "(Y/N) is gone, took our plane." While glaring at Scarlett. Janice gasps, and Scarlett grimaces. "But, why would he leave? We had it under control!" Janice says, with me glancing behind at Mary's body. She notices my glance and rubs the back of her head, "...mostly..."

What the hell is so important about this guy?

You show up and in less than a week you have three of best hero's I know crazy about you. You're an average looking guy, shit I'd say maybe even below average. But there's clearly something about him that I'll need to investigate more. Star is a good girl, Janice means well, and Scarlett is Scarlett. So who exactly are you (Y/N)?

My thoughts get disturbed at my phone going off, checking it I see it's a text from Jay with camera recordings at what appears to be the guild? Janice and Sarah seem to have gotten it as well, covering their mouths as we see the carnage going off. Finally we turn to the suspect in question. Scarlett starts to shake in fear, scrambling backwards away from us.

Shaking her head violently, "l-l-like I said! I'm fucked up! Seriously, Janice you know about her and I-I-I lost control! Please!" She says while bracing her arms above her face in terror. I sigh and look at Star, "what do you think?" I ask and she shrugs. Janice glares hard at the floor, then over at Scarlett. "i vote kill. you saw what she's capable of." She mutters Scarlett whimpering now.

Star grabs Janice by the shoulder, "wait.. Before we showed up here she talked to me about him. I think, if given the chance to properly join us in sharing (Y/N). We can prevent anymore damage." Star states causing me to furrow my eyebrows. Once again, it's all about this guy. ONE guy. I glance at Mary and sigh deeply.

i just wanted to be with my sisters.

Janice thinks about it then nods slowly, looking over at Scarlett. "Is that true? If you get serious therapy, take those pills again, and have a part of him, we can prevent this?" She asks, Scarlett nodding and whispering "i just wanted love." Janice and Star look at each other then nod. They walk over to Scarlett and help her to her feet, I walk over and pick Mary up softly her head softly hanging over my arm, then we all walk out of the facility.

We reach the airport in silence noticing our plane is missing, guess Star was right. That guy really took it and ran. A bit cowardice if I say so myself, but it's not like he's us. So I can't blame him, it seems he'll get his due anyways with these girls. We head over to the garage and rent a new one with the guild card. Everyone is shocked at seeing Mary in my arms, I'm going to need to make a few calls. This isn't going to be easy.