43: Nor Hell a Fury

Scarlett POV:

Tick. Tick. Tick. Tick. Tick. Tick. Tick. Tick. Tick. Tick. Tick. Tick. Tick. Tick. Tick. Tick. Tick. Tick. Tick. Tick. Tick. Tick. Tick. Tick. Tick. Tick. Tick. Tick. Tick. Tick. Tick. Tick.

Tick.

Tock!

I glance over at the wall grinning, approaching it slowly. Analyzing the features of what's on it, I sigh deeply and happily. With everything I've done, everyone I've killed, everywhere I've flown, everything I've taken. All leading up to this special moment. I'm sure it'll be worth it. The look on his face, as it truly all comes out. It's about time, I turn away from the portrait and start heading outside.

I'm coming for you honey.

Sarah POV:

  Our search lead us nowhere. We have no idea where Angela took him, even her old home was a dead end. Currently I'm sitting with the others inside Crescent's place, debating on what we can even do. "...-nd I'm telling you that this whole thing falls apart without him! She was a key fucking aspect in this operation but goes rogue, seriously what the fuck is up with this guy!" Crescent groans back to Jake.

He looks at her and sits in silence without even shrugging to her statement. He's been a bit quiet I've noticed, but then again this is my first real encounter with him. Janice glances at me then back at the others, "Look, we gotta calm down a bit. Knowing (Y/N) he's probably finding a way to cool things down and he'll probably be back soon." She says drawing their attention. Crescent sighs aloud again, "we can't place our bets on a fucking 'if' Janice. Here's my call, go after Scarlett without those two."

Janice rolls her eyes and crosses her arms leaning back into her chair. Jay finally stands up, placing a hand on Crescent's shoulder. "We don't know where she even is, as much as I'd like to go through with that she'd only flee. He's her incentive currently, so we're in a battle of fighting him first before she does. Janice has a decent point, knowing the smart cookie he's doing fine. Let's just see in the morning, it's late. Got it?" He says giving Crescent a look and she nods grumpily.

We all stand up and start to head out, but Janice grabs my shoulder as I reach outside. Turning to her I notice a concerned look is prevalent on her face. "You doing okay? You've been super weird since we left for the funeral." She asks and I shrug. "I'm fine. Let's just hope he's fine as well." I turn away from her and leap into the air.

Truth be told, I'm really not. I've had moments of clarity as I really wonder, why have I cared so much? One day I'm whatever to this guy, then the next I'm suddenly Gaga over him? Sure I've asked this question before, and it sounded reasonable at the time. But now seeing all these others fighting for him, I feel like it's a losing battle. Especially with how I've failed to protect him so many times.

i don't think i'm good enough for this.

Suddenly a hand grabs my shoulder in the air lightly shocking me out of my thoughts. Looking over I see it's Crescent, and she's stopped me from flying right into a building. Oops. She doesn't say anything, but nods in a direction and I follow her through the calm cool night. After a minute she lands onto a skyscraper and sits down on the edge, gesturing for me to sit as well.

Complying with her order, we sit in silence for a minute. Finally she sighs deeply, glancing over at me. I tilt my head in confusion and she nods, "We need to talk. Haven't been able to catch a good moment, but I figure it's a good time to with your current attitude as Janice stated." I glance away from her embarrassed. She lightly chuckles, "It's okay, you're not in trouble. Just need to discuss, him."