Eight

He dragged her through the mall, never letting go of her wrist. The mall was empty as he had booked it for a few hours. As a superstar, he couldn’t be seen publicly with a girl.

Jungkook's grip on her wrist tightened as he led her through the empty mall. The neon lights of storefronts illuminated his face, casting a sinister glow on his features.

"I've always gone shopping alone."

"Then why did you bring me with you?"

His grin widened, but the coldness behind his eyes remained.

"Because I want you to buy something for me." He let go of her wrist and ran his fingers through a rack of clothes. "Me? I... I don’t know what type of clothes you wear."

He stopped flipping through the clothes, his gaze locking onto hers.

"Then I suggest you start paying closer attention." His voice dropped to a low whisper. "You’re going to be my personal shopper, and you better not disappoint me."

Her cheeks heated up. He was flirting so flawlessly.

His smirk widened as he saw the redness in her cheeks. "Oh? Is someone blushing? You’re quite cute when you’re flustered." He leaned closer, his voice dropping even lower. "Come on now, choose something for me."

She nodded and looked around the racks of clothes.

He watched her movements, waiting for her to make a move. His lips twitched as he observed her reaction to his teasing.

Suddenly, he moved behind her, standing close, his chest against her back. He leaned in close to her ear. "You look like you need a little help," he breathed near her ear.

She flinched slightly.

"Y... yeah, what’s your favorite color?" she asked with a racing heart.

He chuckled, the sound low and husky near her ear. "Black."

His hand rested on her lower back, firm and guiding, as he moved her toward a section of the store filled with darker clothes. "I like things sleek and subtle. Plus, it suits me. I love black."

"My favorite is also black," she answered excitedly.

He grinned at her response and leaned down a little closer to her ear. "Maybe we have more in common than you think." His hand slid down to her arm and then to her fingers, intertwining their hands as he led her to a row of black women’s clothing.

She looked at their intertwined fingers. Not just butterflies but an entire zoo was dancing in her stomach. She had read a lot of billionaire romance books, and Jungkook was giving her those kinds of vibes.

He continued to lead her around the store, pointing out different styles and types of clothing he thought would look good on her. As she walked, his hand occasionally brushed against her arm or waist, sending shivers down her spine.

Her face was flushed red, and she followed him silently.

He smirked at her, clearly enjoying the effect he had on her. "Come on, try this," he said, handing her a black knee-length dress. His voice was soft.

"M... me? But you didn’t buy anything for yourself."

He laughed, his laughter warm and genuine. "Don’t worry about me; I have plenty of clothes," he said, looking at her with a playful gaze as he waited for her answer. He was in no rush; he was enjoying the moment with her. He wasn’t usually flirty—he was cold and rude—but something about her reactions made him want to flirt more.

"I... I can’t take it."

"Why not? Do you think I can’t afford it? Or is it just too expensive for you?" His eyes shimmered with a hint of mischief.