Nine

"Are you okay? You are late today," Soo Hyun asked Annie as soon as she entered his mansion.

He had come early from his company, as usual, to see her, but she was late today; he had been waiting for her.

"Yeah, sorry. Actually, I was in the library; I totally lost track of time." She lied. Of course, how could she tell him that she was with the golden Maknae Jungkook, who was making her fall for him?

Unknowingly, a blush crept onto her face as she recalled the moment he kissed her cheek.

"You are blushing?" Soo Hyun said, standing from the couch and walking toward her.

He couldn’t help but wonder who made her blush.

"Blush? No, no. Actually, I remembered something funny," she said, smiling awkwardly.

That wasn’t funny at all!

She could still feel his soft lips on her cheeks, even though it was just a one-second peck. It was the first time any man had crossed her heart.

"Okay, well, Iseul isn’t here today," Soo Hyun informed her, and she looked up at him.

"Huh?"

"She went to her house," Soo Hyun said, clenching his jaw.

"Oh, are you okay?" she asked with concern.

She knew Soo Hyun hated it whenever Eun-Ae wanted to meet her daughter, but he was helpless; she had the right to meet her twice a month.

Soo Hyun looked at her.

"Can we talk?" he asked, and she hesitated but nodded her head.

"Come, sit." She sat on the couch. She expected him to sit on another couch, but he sat beside her. She felt a little uncomfortable but shrugged off her thoughts because Soo Hyun was the most gentle man she had ever met.

"I don’t know what she wants now. She never wanted a child. We haven’t even been together since the day Iseul was born. Now suddenly, she is trying to be a mother. She is making me stressed," he said, pulling his hair back.

She pressed her lips in a thin line, not knowing how to react.

"I want a peaceful, full life with my daughter without any disturbance from her presence. Am I asking too much?" His voice was low and stressed.

"Everything will be fine, Mr. Kim."

"How? Tell me how. The court has strictly said that until I am married again, I can’t stop her from meeting my daughter."

"Then you should marry again."

He immediately looked at her.

"I mean, you are a young, successful, perfect gentleman; you should marry again."

He chuckled a little.

"And who will marry me?"

"Are koi bhi kregi yr?" she said excitedly but then facepalmed herself and spoke again.

"I mean, any girl would do it. You are so perfect."

"Any girl?" he asked, looking straight into her eyes; it looked like he was asking her directly.

"Yeah, maybe," she replied with a smile.

Soo Hyun shook his head and let out a soft chuckle.

"You are so adorable, do you know that?" he said, and her mind immediately took her to the moment when Jungkook called her adorable.

Her cheeks heated up.

"Now you are blushing again," he said, and she blushed even more.

"Umm, should I go now? I mean, Iseul isn’t here, so—"