The Photoshoot - Chapter 8

My eyes were filled with darkness. I couldn't open them, but I could hear faint voices farther away. I couldn't hear them properly, it was more like muffled sounds. My head was throbbing, as if I had just smashed it against a brick wall. Ow... what happened...? The last thing I remembered was walking in the park and then, all of a sudden, someone covered my mouth. I felt the cold ground underneath me as I struggled to keep conscious. I then heard footsteps coming closer. I tried to move my hands but they were tied behind my back. What do I do...?
"Eisuke..." The name naturally fell from my lips and after I realised what I had said, I was able to open my eyes slowly. My vision was still blurry but I could make out a figure standing in front of me. I couldn't see their face but I knew it was a woman as I could make out heels on her feet.
"So, the little wretch is finally awake." I heard a voice above me and I turned my face up to the ceiling. I know that voice... My eyes started to focus and there, standing over me, was Carolina.
"Carolina...?" My speech was barely audible but her laugh made it clear that she heard me. "Wh... Where am I...?" I looked around my surroundings to see a big space filled with old machinery.
"Oh, don't worry about that!" Her heels echoed in the abandoned place, and I could feel her presence behind me.
"Why are you doing this...?" I couldn't see her expression and I tried to look around to face her but she grabbed my head and kept it still.
"With you gone Eisuke will have no choice but to choose me!" Her cheerful tone contrast with her horrific words. "And I've got some people who will take great care of you." She then called out into the the dark space and two men emerged from the shadows. What's going to happen to me...? "If you say you'll break up with Eisuke, I'll let you go. It's as simple as that...!" She walked around to face me and brought my face very close to hers. "And if you don't... well... let's just say that pretty face of yours won't be so pretty anymore..." I gulped to try and swallow my fear but the look in her eyes only made me all the more terrified. I'm not even dating Eisuke in the first place...! I knew I couldn't say that though, she probably would've done something much worse.
"I-I can't..." My voice was barely audible but seeing as our faces were so close she heard me clearly. Her face contorted after I said it.
"And why not?" Her tone was firm but she kept her usual sweet smile plastered on her face. Come on Olivia... Just keep up the act... What if she really does kill me though...? "Well?" I was snapped out of my thoughts and remembered what she had asked.
"...Because I love him..." I had no choice but to lie about my feelings. No matter what she would've done to me, Eisuke would've done much worse.
"Well, you had your chance." She looked me in the eye as she said that with a bright smile on her face, but I could see the corrupt look behind it. "Oh boys~!" She called out and two men emerged from the darkness behind her. "Take care of her." I was still tied up and could barely move. I was sure my wrists were bruised from my struggling. The two men walked closer to me, a menacing smile on both their faces as Carolina started to walk away.
"Wait...! Carolina, you don't have to do this!" I pleaded for my life, hoping I could talk some sense in to her. Even if her father is a Mafia boss it doesn't mean she can do this...!
"If you break-up with Eisuke then I'll let you go. Say you'll break up with him!" She walked back towards me and yelled into my face.
"I can't. I love Eisuke, Carolina." I was shocked by how convincing I sounded. I knew she could kill me right then and there but I just had to keep up the lie and hope for the best.
"You little brat! Fine! Once you're gone, Eisuke will be mine!" She started to walk away again which caused her henchmen to come closer to me. My heart was pounding so fast I could feel my heartbeat throughout my body.
I look back to it he henchmen and see one of them put a hand in his pocket. Wha-? A knife?! What are they going to do to me?! On instinct I close my eyes, waiting for impact but it never came. I then heard yells to which my eyes shot open at.
"Argghhh!" One of the henchmen shouted as he was knocked to the floor while the other one was taken down swiftly after. I looked up to see their faces and...
"Eisuke! Soryu!" Carolina shouted before I could say anything.
"You've taken this way too far Carolina." Eisuke scowled at her then came over to untie me. After he untied the ropes from my wrists and ankles, he held out a hand to help me up from the ground.
"I-I'm sorry Eisuke... but... I was doing it for you... for us..." She begins to get closer to Eisuke but Eisuke moves away, grabbing me by the arm and taking me with him.
"Carolina that is a lie and you know it." Eisuke scowls at her which makes her eyes widen.
"I-I was jealous of her! So I thought I'd make her smell like a skunk, so you'd break up with her and be with me!" A skunk?!
"Tch... Well that's a stupid reason." Soryu joined into the conversation, making all of us turn to him.
"What...?" Carolina looked slightly confused by Soryu's comment.
"If you really loved him then you wouldn't do anything to make him upset." He expressed his thoughts in a firm tone. "Glad I'm not the one you fell for..." Soryu muttered as he rubbed the back of his neck.
"I... I thought I loved him..." Carolina said in almost a whisper. "But... the fact that you're telling me this means that you care!"
"Huh?" Soryu wore a confused expression as Eisuke and I continued to watch on from the sidelines.
"Soryu... you're my true love..." Carolina confessed all of a sudden which then made me confused. "Olivia, you can have Eisuke." She stated and then ran up to hug Soryu with all her might.
"What?! Get off me woman!" Soryu exclaimed as he tried to loosen Carolina's grip.
"Heh..." I heard Eisuke chuckle next to me and then I realised what had just happened. Soryu also heard Eisuke's laughter as he turned to face him with Carolina still clinging to him.
"Eisuke! You planned this!" He tried to stretch out his hand to grab Eisuke but failed as Carolina just squeezed him tighter.
"I guess she likes the cool, silent type..." Eisuke's usual smirk returned to his face as he continued to laugh at Soryu's predicament.
"Ugh...! You have got to be kidding me!" Soryu was finally able to shake Carolina off and stormed off out of the abandoned building.
"W-Wait! Soryu~!" Carolina ran after him as he walked faster away from her. Carolina's henchmen from before had woken up.
"Miss Bucci...! W-Wait!" They yelled as they scrambled to their feet and sprinted to follow Carolina.
Eisuke and I burst out laughing at that. I noticed that I hadn't yet thanked them for saving me, even if she was only going to make me smell like a skunk. I'll thank Soryu later...
"Thank you... for saving me..." I turned to face Eisuke and looked him in the eyes. He didn't show much emotion on his face but I wanted him to know I was grateful to him.
"Come on. Let's go." He didn't say anything else as he started to walk towards the exit. I rushed to catch up with him and couldn't hide the smile that began to creep into my face.