Let's Not Fall In Love - Chapter 10

I stood there motionless, the scene from moments ago playing through my mind again and again. He... kissed me... I wondered why he kissed me and what it meant. Does he... like me? No, no, that's crazy...
"He made me even more confused..." I shared my thoughts out loud in the quiet room. "Go home..." I repeated the last words he said to me before he walked away. Does that mean...? I slid down against the glass window onto the floor. I brought my knees up to my chest and hugged them close, yearning for a sense of comfort. A single tear ran down my cheek and onto the carpeted floor before a rainfall of tears followed. I quietly sobbed in the big, empty room.

The next morning...

I woke up to the sunlight peering through the curtains. I rubbed my eyes as I sat up in bed before stretching. Wait... how did I get here? The last thing I remember was being in the living room... crying.
"I must be losing my mind... I don't even remember going to bed..." I rubbed my eyes once more and yawned as I swung my legs around before planting my feet on the ground. I pushed myself up from the comfiness of the bed and dragged my feet into the bathroom. The first thing I did was look in the mirror. I was greeted by a terrible sight. My eyes were red and puffy, which caused my make up to smudge everywhere, and I had tear stains still on my cheeks from the night before. "Should I just... go home like he said...?" I thought about my question as I looked at my horrid state in the mirror. I let out a sigh as my thoughts just made me want to cry again. "He never did care about me... He only used me for his stupid lie..." I continued to wallow in my sorrow as I got ready for the day.

When I finished getting ready I was praying that Eisuke wouldn't be in the living room when I walked out. I didn't plan to stay inside all day, especially since it would be more likely to run into him and the other guys. Before emerging completely from my bedroom I looked around for any indication that he was there. Nothing. I took quiet footsteps while I made my way to the front door, heart beating fast. I got closer and closer to the door before I finally put my hand on the doorknob but before I could turn it the door opened and slammed right into my face.
"Ah!" I was surprised by the sudden entry and fell back onto the floor while holding my nose in pain.
"Oh! Olivia, I'm so sorry! I hurt your pretty face..." I looked up to see that the unexpected visitor was Baba.
"Baba? What are you doing here?" I looked up at his profile as he knelt down to check my face.
"I just came to see you but now I've damaged that beautiful face of yours..." He pouted and looked down to the ground in shame which caused me to let out a giggle.
"Hehe... Baba, I'm fine." I removed my hand from my nose and gave him a smile, assuring him that I was alright. "See?"
"Phew! I don't know what I would've done if it had left a bruise." He reached out to stroke my cheek before holding out his hand to help me up from the ground.
"Thank you." I was happy it was Baba who walked through the door and not Eisuke. He probably wouldn't have even helped me...
"Well, where are you off to?" I tensed up at the question. I didn't really want him to know that Eisuke told me to go home.
"Oh... just out for a walk..." I didn't look at his face while saying it because I felt like he'd know I was lying.
"Mind if I join you?" I kind of want to be alone... but... I couldn't just say no, he'd know something was up.
"Sure... if you want." I mumbled out as I twiddled my thumbs.
"Yay! Let's go Olivia!" Before I could lift my head he grabbed my hand and dragged me out of the suite.

As we were going through the lounge, the guys were all sitting there and stopped us.
"Hey, where are you guys going?" Ota asked before Baba could get to the door. He turned around, still keeping a firm grip on my hand and answered.
"We're just going for a walk, right Olivia?" He looked over at me and I just nodded my head.
"Eisuke's going to be mad..." Soryu chimed in and mumbled.
"Yeah, remember, he doesn't like people touching his stuff." Ota glanced at me as he said 'stuff.'
"It's not as if I'm going to do anything bad! Do you guys not trust me?" Baba asked and the whole room stayed silent. Ota looked off into the distance, Soryu continued to read the book he was holding and Mamoru just took a big puff of his cigarette. "Seriously guys? That's mean..." Baba pouted and looked around at the three guys.
"We're just warning you. You wouldn't want to face the wrath of the mighty Eisuke Ichinomiya, would you?" Ota replied with a knowing smirk. I don't even want to know what he would do...
"Okay, okay, I get it. I'll be a good boy." Baba smiled and patted his own head which caused me to let out a little giggle. "Come on Olivia, let's go!" With those final words, he dragged me out of the lounge and over to the elevator.