chapter 604

👼 MY ANGEL 👼

👼 MY ANGEL 👼

Elsa's eyes narrowed to piercing slits, her full lips pressed into a thin, quivering line as she glared at Jeremy, an ocean of raw, conflicting emotions swirling behind her steely gaze. "So, have you forgiven me?" he asked tentatively, his voice wavering with faint hope.

Elsa let out a harsh, mirthless chuckle, her shoulders rising and falling with the weight of her pent-up frustration. "Since you didn't actually do this, I forgive you," she conceded, the words laced with a bitter edge. "Although I'm still mad at you for having me crying all night and giving me a haunting scene on that operating table." She shuddered visibly at the memory, arms wrapped tightly around herself as if to ward off the phantom pain.

Jeremy winced, his expression etched with remorse as he drank in the anguish written across Elsa's face. "I plan to make it up to you," he murmured, a glimmer of determination shining in his eyes.

Elsa arched a skeptical brow, her full lips twisting into a sardonic smile. "How?" she challenged, her tone dripping with weariness and a sliver of fragile hope.

Emboldened by her response, Jeremy reached out tentatively, his calloused fingers grazing the soft skin of Elsa's arm. "Well, since you have forgiven me," he breathed, his gaze locked with hers, "can I get a kiss?"

Elsa's eyes widened momentarily, caught off guard by his audacity. She scoffed, her full lips curling in a mischievous grin. "Jeremy, I just vomited," she retorted, her voice laced with a playful lilt. "Are you sure you want a kiss from me?" She leaned in closer, her warm breath caressing his cheek. "I could give you one, but it will be as revenge."

Jeremy's expression shifted from hopeful anticipation to comical dismay, his brow furrowing as he recoiled slightly. "Well, when you put it that way..." he trailed off, his lips twitching as he fought back a smile.

Elsa couldn't resist a light chuckle at his reaction. "Aw, come on," she cooed, playfully tugging on the collar of his shirt. "Don't tell me the big, tough Jeremy is afraid of a little vomit."

Jeremy gasped in feigned offense, pressing a hand to his chest. "Afraid? Me?" he scoffed, the corner of his mouth quirking up in a lopsided grin. "I'll have you know I have a very strong stomach."

Elsa arched a perfectly sculpted brow, her lips curving into a mischievous smile. "Oh, really?" she purred, leaning in until their faces were mere inches apart. Elsa's eyes sparkled with mischief as she leaned in closer, the corners of her lips quirking up in a teasing grin. "So, you think you deserve a kiss after everything you've put me through?" she purred, her voice dripping with feigned innocence.

Jeremy swallowed hard, his Adam's apple bobbing as he fought to maintain his composure under Elsa's searing gaze. "I-I was hoping you might... take pity on me," he stammered, a bashful smile tugging at the corners of his mouth.