chapter 655

👼 MY ANGEL 👼

👼 MY ANGEL 👼

After the grueling interrogation, Elsa returned to the Old Master's room, her mind still reeling from the events of the day. The old Master lay unconscious in the sterile hospital bed, his frail form a stark contrast to the vibrant man Elsa had known and respected.

Determined to ensure his safety, Elsa settled into a chair by his bedside, her eyes vigilantly scanning the room for any signs of danger. The hours ticked by, and Elsa found herself growing weary, but she refused to let her guard down, not when the life of the old Master hung in the balance.

As the night wore on, Elsa's eyelids grew heavy, and she found herself drifting in and out of a light sleep. Suddenly, the shrill ring of her phone jolted her awake, and she snatched it up, her heart pounding.

"Elsa?" The voice on the other end was Lui's, laced with urgency. "I just got some insight on Anastasia. She's after my father. You have to get to him, quickly!"

Elsa felt a chill run down her spine. "She is coming for your father so soon?" she asked, her mind racing to connect the dots.

"She is mad that my dad wouldn't agree to take her back after everything," Lui explained, his words tumbling out in a rush. "And she wants to kill him second and immediately."

Elsa's blood ran cold at the realization. "But the old Master is still in the hospital, under my watch," she said, her voice trembling. "How could this be happening?"

Elsa had already told Lui what had happened to his grandfather.

"I don't know, Elsa," Lui said, his tone laced with worry. "But you have to get to my father, now. Anastasia could be after him at any moment."

Without another word, Elsa sprang into action, her adrenaline fueling her as she raced out of the hospital. She had to warn George, to protect him from Anastasia's twisted schemes. The old Master's safety was already weighing heavily on her mind, and now the threat had expanded to include her own family.

Elsa's heart raced as she rushed through the hospital corridors, her mind consumed by the urgent warning from Lui. She had to find George and warn him before it was too late.

As Elsa turned the corner, she spotted Jeremy standing by the hospital's coffee station, his brow furrowed in concentration as he waited for his order.

"Jeremy!" Elsa called out, her voice laced with urgency. "I need you to do something for me."

Jeremy looked up, surprise etched on his face. "Elsa? What's going on?"

"I need you to stay here and keep an eye on the old Master," Elsa said, her words tumbling out in a hurried rush. "Something's happened, and I have to go find your father."

Jeremy's eyes widened, but before he could respond, Elsa was already moving, her footsteps echoing down the hallway.

Elsa burst through the hospital's main entrance, her gaze frantically scanning the parking lot.

As Elsa sped through, her heart pounded in her chest. She knew she was running against the clock, but she couldn't afford to lose focus. Anastasia was a formidable adversary, and Elsa knew she had to be one step ahead of her if she was going to save George.

There, in the distance, she spotted George, his phone pressed to his ear as he paced back and forth.

Elsa quickened her pace, her heart pounding in her chest. As she drew closer, she noticed a figure in a hooded sweatshirt approaching George's car. Squinting, Elsa recognized the distinctive silhouette – it was Ashley.

Elsa watched in horror as Ashley crouched down by the car, her movements furtive and deliberate. After a few moments, she rose and hurried away, disappearing into the shadows.

Elsa's stomach churned with dread. What had Ashley done? Steeling her nerves, Elsa approached George, her voice trembling as she called out his name.

Elsa's heart raced as she watched George approach his car, oblivious to the danger that lurked nearby. Without hesitation, she sprinted across the parking lot, her footsteps pounding against the asphalt.

"George!" she called out, her voice laced with urgency. "Don't go near your car!"

"George! George, you need to get away from your car, now!"

George turned, his eyes widening with surprise. "Elsa? What's going on?"