chapter 637

👼 MY ANGEL 👼

👼 MY ANGEL 👼

Jeremy's brow furrowed in confusion at Elsa's unexpected request. "The Callahan manor? But why, Elsa? What's going on?" he asked, trying to understand her sudden change in behavior.

Elsa did not provide any further explanation, her gaze downcast as she remained steadfast in her decision. The others in the room exchanged perplexed looks, unsure of how to respond to Elsa's strange request.

Lorna, Jeremy's mother, stepped forward, placing a gentle hand on Elsa's arm. "Of course, dear. You're welcome to come stay with us at the Callahan manor. I'll be happy to take care of you there," she offered, her voice soothing.

Elsa nodded slightly, the tension in her shoulders easing somewhat at Lorna's kind words. Without another word, she rose from her seat, preparing to leave the villa.

Jeremy watched her, his expression a mixture of concern and bewilderment. "Elsa, please, talk to me. What's going on?" he pleaded, but Elsa remained silent, her mind seemingly elsewhere.

Lorna placed a comforting hand on Jeremy's shoulder, sensing his distress. "Let's get her to the manor. She needs some time and space right now. We'll be there for her," she said, offering a reassuring smile.

With a heavy heart, Jeremy nodded and followed Elsa and his mother out of the villa, the unanswered questions weighing heavily on his mind.

Before going to the Callahan manor, Elsa sought out her father and spoke to him in a soft, apologetic tone.

"Dad, I... I'm sorry, but I won't be able to come work at Simba Corporation right now. I still feel so... traumatized from the kidnapping. I need some time to rest and recover," Elsa explained, her gaze downcast.

James reached out and gently placed his hand on his daughter's shoulder. "Elsa, don't apologize. Your health and well-being are the most important thing. Take all the time you need to heal," he reassured her, his voice warm and understanding.

Elsa looked up at her father, a small, grateful smile tugging at the corners of her lips. "Thank you, Dad," she murmured.

At that moment, Elsa's mother swept in and enveloped her in a tight, emotional embrace. "Oh, my darling, we're just so relieved you're safe," she said, her voice thick with emotion as she peppered Elsa's face with grateful kisses.

Elsa returned the hug, allowing herself to be comforted by her mother's affection. "I'm okay, Mom. I promise," she whispered.

With a final squeeze, Rosanna reluctantly let go of Elsa, her eyes glistening with tears of joy and relief. She then guided Elsa towards the waiting car that would take her to the Callahan manor.

As Elsa settled into the backseat, she glanced out the window, her expression pensive. The events of the past few days had clearly taken a toll on her, and she knew she needed to be with the Callahans to make sure nothing bad happens to them. She knew it wouldn't be easy but she had to protect her family. And the Callahans were her family. They were related to Braden. And Yuliana.