9: The Attack on Oscorp

haerin, danielle, hyein, minji, and heeseo began to hang out together a lot at school.

heeseo was actually really nice. she was a really sweet girl. she just had this weird thing of using 'we' and 'us' instead of 'I' and 'me'. it's not like that was all that big of a deal though.

minji also seemed to be doing better. it had been about three months since that day at city hall, and she no longer comes to school or work with bloodshot eyes.

"hey guys!" the four girls turned to see heeseo standing there, holding a box full of drinks. it was coffee.

"i got this the last time we hung out. you remembered?" said minji.

"yeah of course. now take, take!" the four girls took their drinks.

"every day i wake up and thank god for heeseo. there's no better way to start the morning than this." said hyein, who took a sip then hugged heeseo.

"yeah, we figured we should get something sweet to wake ourselves up this morning. we felt super tired when we woke up, and we don't know why." said heeseo.

haerins spider sense tingled.

the five girls walked to feast together. hyein and heeseo never did anything, since they weren't real employees.

"hey, min, can you take this soup to mr. otis? i think he's playing checkers with hyein right now." haerin said to minji.

"yeah, i gotchu." minji walked out with the bowl, and she could see why she needed to bring this. mr. otis was getting destroyed by hyein in checkers, and he was getting upset. "here sir, you should eat." he immediately took the food and sat somewhere else. hyein stifled a laugh.

"hey guys, we're gonna head out now. we're really tired." heeseo said. it seemed like the entire feast center wished her well. everyone really loved her.

"bye hee. stay safe." minji said.

the four remaining girls continued to serve food and play games with the people at the feast center. the clock ticked away, and haerin felt her spider sense make a small buzz. she turned on the news.

"new yorkers, lock your doors and stay inside! it seems like the Inner Demons, led by Mister Negative, are launching a full scale attack on Oscorp Tower! it's not safe on the streets, so please, stay inside, and get comfortable, we don't know how long this'll last, or where they'll strike next." the newscaster said.

"negative..." minji clenched her fist and jaw.

"hey. no. let the police or spidergirl get him, okay?" haerin said.

minji groaned and said 'fine' under her breath. she distracted herself with work. eventually, it got late, and the demons attack hadn't ceased.

"i think we should stay here for the night. Mr. Li's office is pretty big. you think he'll mind if we sleep there?" hyein suggested.

"eh, we'll be out of there before he even knows we're there." minji said.

they made their way over to his office. they brought blankets.

"there's not enough pillows in here. i'll go look for some more." minji said.

there was a small closet inside their bosses office. minji got up, opened it, and sure enough, more than enough pillows.

haerins spider sense tingled.

minji threw four pillows in the girls direction. she heard a small crash noise, like she just dropped a piece of wood on the ground. she picked up one of the pillows, and took off the pillowcase.