15: The Oscorp Break-In

hyein waited patiently outside oscorp tower. she was wearing her symbiote, but it was disguised as leggings and a hoodie.

"seriously haerin, i don't mean to put you down but like, my powers kick your powers ass. my suit can change into different clothes! i mean granted, only white clothes, but they don't get dirty, i don't have to do laundry, and i can suit up instantly! like-"

"hyein. i get it. shut up." haerin was on the other side of town, swinging around trying to provoke or find sandman.

"jeez. salty huh." hyein said. her, danielle, minji, and hanni were all waiting near the entrance to the oscorp building. it was a big place, so they were able to hide in some shade with the help of the dark night sky.

haerin landed near the beach where she fought sandman the last time. "just because i want you to shut up doesn't mean im salty. i just find i want you to shut up a lot of the time, you know?"

"oh wait, shut up rinnie. we're getting something." hyein and the rest of the girls ducked down. the last scientists working on the sandman cure had just left the tower.

hyein held her breath. the scientists looked around before leaving. "let's go." she said to the rest of the girls.

danielle took hyein's other earbud, and began talking to haerin. "stay safe out there okay? don't make me worry. we have to go and look for the cure now. hopefully it won't take too long."

"i'm in good hands. hopefully i can draw him out soon." haerin responded, a wide smile taking over her face.

"not too soon though. i don't want you to be fighting him for too long before we have the cure." danielle said, eyebrows furrowed.

"i can handle myself. i might get my ass beat a lot, but i think i got this guy."

"don't try anything risky okay. if you don't get a single cut or bruise, i'll give you a special reward after." danielle said.

"woah, are you taking a page out of hanni's book?"

"definitely not, hannis uhh... style is a bit too intense for me. i was just planning to-"

"SHIT!"

the line went dead.

"HAERIN?!"

"woah, are you taking a page out of hanni's book?" haerin stopped swinging and stood still.

"definitely not, hannis uhh... style is a bit too intense for me." haerins spider sense started tingling. she ignored it. she needed to hear what danielle would do.

"i was just planning to-"

haerins mind spun. she smiled as she contemplated and fantasized about what danielle would give her.

her ankle was grabbed.

"SHIT!" she accidentally hung up. she was thrown across the street into a building. she coughed, and pushed herself off the wall.

the sandman was standing on the beach. more and more sand clones began standing up, rising from the ground. haerin counted 54. the beach was small, but still had a lot of sand.

they all ran in different directions. some stayed behind and beat haerin. she fought back. with each punch, a sand clone fell to the ground. she pulled out a web bomb. she purposefully left all of them empty.

she ran to the now bare beach, and stuck her web bombs underwater, filling them.

the beaten sand clones began to rise again, so she once again beat them with all her strength, causing them to fall again. she threw the water bomb, and the sand solidified.