14: The Day Before Sandman

heeseo lay in her cramped, dingy, depressing prison cell. she didn't have a roommate, luckily, being the only person in the entire prison who was under 21.

"god, i can feel my brain rotting. this is so depressing." heeseo said to herself. "i don't know why im here. spidergirl was the one who fought mister negative first! she provoked me into starting the fight at the school! she's destroying the city, destroying my life! and... Haerin..."

"Kill... Haerin..." the symbiote whispered to her.

the story went viral. just like the rest of spidergirls villains, doc ock, the demons, mister negative, the world was obsessed with the Spectacular Spidergirl and Amazing Agent Antivenom's latest triumph.

the girl with no remorse. the black death. the personification of fear and destruction. a girl so evil she could only be described as lethal.

The Vicious Venom.

"THAT COULDNT BE FURTHER FROM THE TRUTH!" minji seethed as she squeezed her phone with all her strength.

"minji, i said you should stop reading those articles. they make you mad and that's not healthy." hanni tried soothing her. it never worked. she was never good at finding the right words to say.

"I DONT CARE! I WANT TO-" hanni sat minji down on the ground, sat behind her and covered her mouth. she grabbed minji's wrists and held them together, restraining her and keeping her from talking.

minji struggled. she screamed against hanni's palm. but hanni was stronger than her, never letting go. eventually minji ran out of energy, and let herself melt in hanni's arms. hanni finally let go of minji.

"it's just... not fair. they don't know her. who are they to call her vicious? lethal?" minji said, eyes pointing to the floor.

"people are cruel. they don't see her for what she is. a girl who was wrongfully experimented on, with an alien parasite who takes control of a persons body."

"they never even mentioned that! hundreds of articles, about a million reporters, and not one person mentions that it's not her fault!" minji clenched her fists.

"it'll be okay. the truth will be brought to light soon..." hanni tried comforting

"i spent so long hating martin li and mister negative. now, i think ive found a new obsession. norman osborn. he did this to heeseo. who knows how many other people. ill stop him, i swear..."

"haerin, be honest with me. do you think that was heeseo's fault?" hyein asked. her and haerin were in her apartment, making web bombs.

"i started off thinking that it wasn't. before, whenever venom surfaced, heeseo was asleep. venom was using her like a puppet. but now... i feel like they're working together. heeseo was wide awake when she was fighting me. that's not something you do by accident."

"i'll be honest, i agree. i know i have it different than her, but regardless, venom and anti-venom are very similar. even though it acts on its own sometimes, im completely aware of everything anti-venom does. i find it hard to believe that she's not the same way." hyein replied.

haerin nodded. "it's no use talking about this. it's not like we're gonna be all buddy-buddy with her in ten years when she gets out."

"i suppose..."

haerin was swinging around new york, doing the only thing she was genuinely good at. spidergirling.

with her story, she had not remained street-level very long. people didn't have the chance to get to know her before she fought doc ock. and she wanted to change that.