26: The Pumpkins

the final bell of the day rang. minji walked to hanni's last class, pe. hanni wasn't out yet, so minji walked into the locker room, looking up and down for her girlfriend.

"minji! right here!" hanni waved.

minji bit her lip. "you're sweaty."

"yeah, volleyball is fun! now, for my own safety, sit on the bench over there. i can feel the heat radiating off your body." hanni pointed at the bench and minji pouted.

"not even one kiss?" minji asked.

"once i'm all cleaned up, alright?" hanni said. "so what's up?"

"oh babe, you'll never believe this. haerin punched jay in the face!" minji said.

"wait, like the cool jay that's friends with riki and jungwon and them?" hanni asked while applying deodorant.

"nah. if haerin punched him in the face, id punch her. i think those dudes are cool." minji said. "it's that asshole, jay park. he was bullying danielle and haerin came back from her locker and saw it and just fuckin decked him. it was insane. wanna see the video?"

"absolutely." hanni said. minji passed over her phone, and hanni winced at how hard haerin punched jay. and how bad the quality of the video was. "oh god!"

"dude, she's been in the principals office for the entirety of sixth period." minji laughed.

"that's insane. what are they even doing to her?" hanni finally finished up, and she grabbed minji's hand as they left the locker room.

"no idea. wanna get food?" minji asked.

"eh, sure." hanni said.

they went to a boba place and got popcorn chicken and all-too-sweet drinks.

minji got a text from haerin.

haerin: aye
haerin: ms. lee is on my ass.
haerin: is it okay if i give her ur number and say ur my mom

minji: fuck it sure

within a few minutes, ms. lee called her.

"hello? is this mrs. kang, mother of kang haerin?" ms. lee asked.

"yes, this is she." minji stifled a laugh. "may i help you?"

"this is lee jieun, principal of your daughters high school. i would like you to know that your daughter punched a boy in the face today, breaking his nose."

minji muted the call. "babe, haerin broke jay's nose!"

"no way, actually?" hanni was happily chewing her boba pearls in between words.

minji unmuted. "that is nothing short of appalling! i am shocked! shocked! please, deal with her at school, and i'll give her a proper punishment at home."

hanni started laughing loudly. "who are you?" she held her stomach and started laughing harder.

"thank you for your cooperation, mrs. kang. we'll get things finished up here before long. have a good evening."

minji hung up and started dying of laughter. hanni struggled to swallow her drink from how hard she was laughing.

hyein had to walk danielle home without haerin that day. since they all lived close, they all walked to and from school together.

"how are you feeling? how's your head?" hyein asked.

"it's alright. what was in that little pill you gave me?" danielle asked.

"nothing. wait, you seriously couldn't tell? that pill was a pez candy. they made an agent anti venom dispenser and i got excited a bought a lot." hyein said, holding up the dispenser.