35: The Last Week

a/n: the pacing of this chapter is lowkey a mess, mainly bc the only reason this chapter exists is so dani and haerin can get together before the book ends.

it won't feel satisfying but hey it's better than nothing😭 the next chapter is much better than this don't worry.

the green mist took a full day to dissipate. by now, gaeul, hyunseo, rei, liz, wonyoung, and yujin were all at home. the city of new york issued a lockdown until the green mist fully dissipated, but recommended staying inside until the green goblin was caught.

so that's what all six spiders were doing. haerin was speeding around the fastest. the goblin was after her, not the other spiders.

eventually, she heard the familiar sound of a glider. she landed on a rooftop. the goblin landed behind her.

"hello, norman." she turned around.

"hello, vanessa."

"don't get used to calling me that. my names haerin."

"i couldn't care less what name will be on your tombstone."

"oh please. you're so old you already have a foot in the grave." haerin said, stifling a laugh.

"enough with the petty insults, child. put your hands up. let's fight."

this guy had some serious hatred in his voice.

haerin put her fists up. norman put his fists up.

they charged at each other, getting one good punch to the ribs each.

"JUST GIVE UP! WHY ARE YOU SO COMMITTED TO PLAYING A HERO? I MADE THE SPIDER THAT MADE YOU SPIDERGIRL! WHAT WOULD YOU BE WITHOUT ME?!"

haerin shot a web at his mask, pulling it off, revealing his face.

"time to find out."

she jumped high into the air, shooting two webs at the floor and using them to slingshot herself into his face, crushing his head against the rooftop. a *CRACK* was heard, but he still got up.

he kneed her in the stomach, causing her to double over. he pulled a knife out of nowhere, stabbing her in the back.

she looked at him. he could feel her anger through her mask. she stepped on his foot, keeping him in place, before slapping him.

he retaliated by head butting her, causing her vision to go a bit blurry. he took out another knife, stabbing her in the stomach.

haerin collected herself. this fight was the culmination of months worth of oscorp indirectly making her life terrible. all she wanted was to be a friendly, neighborhood spidergirl, but because him and his whole damn company, she couldn't have that.

she breathed out aggressively. she pulled the knives out of her stomach and back, before throwing them in the air.

in the blink of an eye, she shot two webs at the floor behind norman, using them to pull herself through the space between the goblins legs. now behind him, she shot two webs at the airborne knives, and pulled them towards her. they landed perfectly in her hands, and she stabbed them into norman's calves.

"ARGH!" he screamed.

"nowhere to run."

she inhaled. her lungs expanded. her muscles felt charged. she raised her fist and brought it down onto his face like a meteor.

he fell to the floor, a blubbering mess. she took the knives out of his calves, then webbed him up. she tossed his body down to the ground. with a newfound sense of achievement, she jumped down as well.