3

We drove for about fifteen minutes to an affluent part of town. I had never been in the area because I never had reason to. The streets were lined with enormous mansions and the most high tech gated communities. We pulled up to a black gate that had to be at least twenty feet tall. Behind the iron I could see what I assumed to be the largest mansion in the area. The thing damn near verged on castle. Was this Micah's home? What was this man's profession? Did I really want to know or would I be afraid of him after he told me?

I noticed intense security at every corner of the compound so even if I wanted to escape I couldn't. Fantastic.

I stole a glance at Micah as he looked out the window appearing to be deep in thought. I realized that he was perfection in human form. Everything from his almost shoulder length chocolate hair to his crisp white dress shirt and black slacks screamed perfect. I couldn't lie; I was captivated by him but I was also going to be cautious. I wasn't stupid and trusting. If he was a vampire, he could easily kill me and if he was just a very sick human he would have one hell of a fight trying to take me down.

"How have you been following me for so long and I never knew?"

He met my eyes with a kind smile, "I know you are very observant. I switched your guards out every semester you've been in school so you would never grow suspicious. I changed out your neighbors every year as well."

My jaw just about hit the floor, "So you never personally followed me? You had random strangers invading my life?"

"Did any of them ever bother you?" He asked seriously.

"How should I know," I muttered.

"It was for your protection."

"Protection from what? The only thing I see is some guy that had the resources to not personally stalk me. Looks like the only thing I needed protection from was you," I snapped. Where the hell did that come from? I was perfectly subdued a second earlier and now I was snapping at him? Micah, however, appeared to expect it. Even if he expected it, I still noticed the flash of hurt cross his eyes before he shut down completely.

"Everything will be explained, Emma. Just be patient."

I stayed quiet after that unsure if he was angry with my outburst and not wanting to enrage him. I didn't think I angered him though. I had a sneaking suspicion he was more hurt than angry with me though I couldn't understand why.

The way he ignored me after that was almost sad. I didn't want to upset him and I couldn't understand why I lashed out at him. I opened my mouth to apologize but he slipped out of the car before I could. I sighed but followed suit.

I quickly took in the beast of a mansion unable to understand why he would need so much room. Did he have a family? The thought of him being with a woman irritated me for some reason. What rational person is jealous of their stalker's love life? Apparently me.

"Do you live here alone?"

"No."

He didn't even look at me when his emotionless response slipped through his lips.

"Micah," I said as I touched his arm.

He glanced back at me as if I was unimportant.

"I'm sorry. I didn't mean-"

"Don't worry. I understand."

I seriously doubted that. He didn't understand why I flipped because I didn't even understand why.

"I just...I'm confused. I don't understand any of this and I feel like I'm losing my mind," I said as I covered my eyes, willing the tears away to no avail. I never cried and now I found myself an emotional mess.

He gently pulled my wrists from my eyes and placed his large hands on my cheeks. I couldn't help but be comforted by him. When his piercing emerald eyes met my pale blue orbs I felt something. I didn't feel hurt by Daniel's actions anymore. I didn't feel cautious with the man that admitted to stalking me on a full scale level.

"I know. This will take some getting used to," he said quietly, "Now, I think you should rest and we will talk when you come home from school tomorrow."

"I told you, I have to work tomorrow."

He frowned at my comment, "And I told you that you are not working anymore."

"I have to work. I can't just be without money."

"You will never be without money and you do not need to work."

"Oh really. And are you planting my money tree tonight?" I asked sarcastically.

He laughed at my comment, "Don't be ridiculous. I am taking care of you for the rest of our eternity together."

"Why?"

He looked as if he was debating whether or not to tell me about his reasoning.

"Just know that you are the most important thing in my life, Emma. And we shall leave it at that for tonight, love. Allan will show you to your room and I will be in my office if you need anything."

I sighed but nodded. He leant down and kissed my temple as if we had done this a million times. My eyes closed on their own accord; my heart screamed at me to take this further but he gently squeezed my hand and led me inside.

If I thought the outside was extravagant, the inside was pure royalty. Dark wood floors spread as far as the eye could see, the double grand staircase created quite the foyer. To the right was a gigantic open living room with only the most modern electronics and expensive leather furniture. To left was what appeared to be a kitchen and probably a dinning room or something else rich people do with their meal times.

"My office is past the stairs, on the right, three doors down. I will probably be there until morning."

I nodded and watched him disappear in the direction of his office. Well, time to find my way around this maze.

Just as I turned, I was greeted by an older man with salt and pepper hair. He was not dressed in the same attire as security so I assumed he was a butler or something along those lines.

"I shall show you to your room, Miss Kinsey," he said in a rather monotonous English accent. I wondered when Micah came to America since his accent wasn't nearly as thick as this man's.

"Are you Allan?" I asked.

"I am, Madam."

"Please just call me Emma."

"I don't know that His Majesty will approve of such an informal address."

"Majesty?" I questioned absolutely confused. What the hell was he talking about?

"Please, follow me," he said ignoring my comment.

"Who are you talking about?" I asked as I followed him upstairs.

"I will allow Master Micah to explain. "

Exasperated, I shook my head. No one would ever tell me anything. I was just going to be kept in the dark about this entire crazy situation.

We travelled a maze of extensive halls to a set of thick wood doors. Allan held one open for me to reveal the most lavish room I had ever stepped foot in. Everything was created with dark wood, gold, and burgundy. This room was built for a princess, not me. I turned to protest the royal room but Allan was already gone. Great.

Well, I guess one night here wouldn't be too bad. Besides, where else would I go? I couldn't leave and I couldn't remember how to get back to Micah's office. So, sleep was my only option.