7

From the second he sank fangs into my neck, every moment was worse than the last. I was convinced my skin was on fire; red hot flames coursed through every vein in my body. Micah had held my hand until even his cool touch felt like magma dripping on my flesh. I couldn't imagine a pain worse than the change; it was the most debilitating thing I had ever experienced. I cried and begged for death over and over but he would not budge.

"Please, Emma, I need you...just a little longer," he pushed.

I wanted to be quiet but I couldn't. I couldn't concentrate on his voice like I wanted. I wanted it to be over. I had lost track of time all together. Had I been like this for a day? An hour? Could have only been a few seconds but it felt like an eternity.

"Please, Micah," I sobbed, "Please, make it stop!"

"I can't, love," he said as he tried to prop me up to tie my hair on top of my head, "Only a few minutes left, you will be sick for a few hours, and then it's over."

"I can't do this," I cried in an attempt to regain some self control.

"Yes, you can, Em. I'm going to take you in the bathroom now, okay?"

He didn't wait for my response. The second his arms slipped under my knees and back, I cried out in agony. The smallest motion caused my stomach to churn in the most sickening way. I gripped his shoulder, burying my face in his chest and tried counting backwards from fifty to gain my breathing and keep everything from coming out. He set me on the cool marble tiles that I thought would bring relief and only brought more discomfort. A sweat broke out all over my body but it didn't smell like sweat. It smelled metallic and thick. Micah sat with me between his legs as he positioned my head on the bathtub rim. I tried pushing away from it knowing I needed to throw up but he kept me in place.

"No use putting your pretty face in a toilet seat, love. This will be easier, I promise," he said soothingly.

I couldn't even respond properly. I just cried and cried in absolute agony. My head felt like it was splitting open, the light hurt my eyes so badly I had to keep them closed. When I was brave enough to open them, the sight in front of me was horrific. I was covered head to toe in blood and so was the majority of Micah's chest. The once white and black marble was smeared with blood. I was so confused. Where did all the blood come from? I held my hand up to my face and noticed beads of blood on my skin where it wasn't smeared. I tried wiping it away but it just bubbled up again. What the hell?

"It all has to come out," he explained, "The first part is the new blood pushing through your veins which is what hurts so much and this part is the expulsion of anything keeping you human. Just close your eyes."

I did as I was told but panic welled up in my chest. If I was getting rid of everything keeping me human then what would keep me alive?

"H-how will I l-live?"

"You won't technically be alive anymore. You will die for a few minutes but you will wake up," he assured.

"Die?" I asked, fear gripping my voice.

"Yes. You will be fine though. Don't panic it will only make things worse."

The more he talked, the more I was able to concentrate on his voice. The flames that coursed through my veins seemed to be moving to my center. I gripped the side of the bathtub and expelled everything keeping me alive. I threw up over and over until nothing but blood came out. It was by far the most disturbing, painful, and disgusting experience of my life. I couldn't believe Micah could stand to be around me in this state but he kept a tight grip on my failing body.

"Will you talk to me?" I mumbled as I stayed slumped over the side of the tub.

"Sure. What do you want me to talk about?" He said, rubbing my back gently.