Sneak peak!

I thought you might want a little sneak peak of part two!

I played with the small embellishment surrounding my petite waist. William squeezed my hand gently; when my eyes met his, there was nothing but the assurance and love I needed to meet his parents. I knew the king hated my kind but I wouldn't let that stop me from being with William. He was my mate and King Micah would not get in our way. I knew it was difficult for William to go against his father but I had gone against mine to be with him and I expected the same level of commitment from him.

"It will be fine, Lily. I promise she will love you," he assured in that honey-coated voice only he could achieve.

"I know," I groaned, "I just know how hard this is going to be if your mom can't even seen past my abilities."

"She's reasonable. She's the one that's going to calm my father enough to at least have a conversation."

I nodded lightly as he tugged me along to the castle. As far as I knew, King Micah had banned all kinetics from the immediate area. We weren't allowed to have contact with the royals under any circumstances even though I had nothing to do with the radical group that attacked the king and queen. I wasn't even a thought when the kinetics kidnapped the queen so I shouldn't have been punished because I was born with a gift. I was still a vampire, a pure one at that, and I was good enough for William. I just hoped his parents saw that.

We found his mother sitting out back on a stone bench just staring off, thinking. I couldn't deny how beautiful Queen Emma was. She could very well be the most perfect woman on the face of the planet. Her golden hair hugged her slim waist in thick, lose curls that might as well have been made of sunshine. Her skin was the color and consistency of smooth milk or a fresh snowfall.

"Mom," William said to get her attention.

Her striking emerald eyes smiled at him before taking in my appearance. She didn't judge me, at least I didn't think so. She simply examined me carefully. I was a confident girl but under her royal gaze I fidgeted.

"Hello, William," she greeted gracefully, "Who is this?"

"This is Lily," he said confidently, "She's my mate."

She nodded a little, "Interesting."

"Interesting?"

"You know what your father will say," she commented.

"That's where I need your help. I need you to talk to him about it. Make him understand."

She laughed, a musical sound, "Do you know who your father is?"

"Mom, please?"

She looked at him skeptically, "I will see what I can do but William, this is a conversation you need to have with him as well."