14

"No," I refused, "I am your mate and you will hear me out."

He looked slightly surprised by my refusal but slightly amused as well.

"You are persistent, aren't you," he said to no one in particular, "Alright. You have two minutes."

Well, damn. Where the hell do I start?

"You found me five years ago but you didn't think I was ready for this life so you trusted Drew to watch over me but a few nights ago you finally told me and-"

"I have heard enough," he said sternly, "If I found you five years ago, I would not have watched you from a distance and I certainly would not have trusted a security guard with my mate. Amelia-"

"That's not my fucking name!" I yelled, "My name is Emma!"

"Emma," he amended with a slight roll of his eyes, "This story that you have fabricated is wildly unrealistic. I don't know why you are so determined to make me believe this but it will stop. I love her," he emphasized.

I tried to hold it together, really, I did but I couldn't stop the tears from flowing. I had cried earlier but this felt different. The tears felt thick and hurt horribly. I used the back of my hand to wipe them away but found a thick, black substance smeared. I looked down at my hand in shock as did Micah.

"What the hell is this," he demanded to know.

"How should I know! You didn't tell me any of this!"

"You're not a royal vampire. How are you crying like this," he refined in a clearly irritated tone.

"Yes I am. You turned me yourself," I said firmly.

"You are going to tell me I turned you, even though you're not my mate, and you lived to talk about it," he asked as if I made the whole thing up.

I glared at him as the thick tears continued to spill from my eyes. It hurt so much but I couldn't stop it from happening.

"I will find out what happened to you, Micah, and I will fix it. Just make sure you don't do or say anything that you will regret once you have your memory back."

With that, I was able to push him off me and zoom out of the mansion. I noticed Drew waiting for me a few miles down the road but I continued to walk alone. I didn't want him to see me like this. Hell, I didn't want anyone to see me like this. I was in no shape to be in public but I didn't have much of an option except the forest.

Drew didn't say anything, he simply followed me into the heavily wooded forest surrounding the affluent area. I just wanted to be alone but he clearly was not going to allow that. I probably shouldn't be alone anyway. Who knew if there were people out for my head. Then again, all they had to do was wait for Micah to kill me and their problems would be solved.

"You shouldn't have gone back," Drew said from behind me.

"I had to. I had to know."

"Why? So you can have your judgement clouded even further? You need to think clearly, Emma."

"I am!"

"You're not. He is not your mate right now. You need to separate that part of yourself until we can figure out how to help him."

"How? How am I suppose to be okay with this situation?!"

"You're not but you need to put your emotions aside," he said confidently.

I wiped my eyes again to clear the black from my vision but knew I was no where near stable. Drew came up behind me and gently placed his hands on my shoulders. The gesture was soothing but I craved Micah.

"We will help him, Emma. He is my king and I will do whatever it takes to bring him back to you because you are my future queen. I am willing to lay my life on the line for both of you but you need separate yourself from him. He's not Micah right now and you need to realize that."

I quietly contemplated his words, knowing they would be difficult for me to follow.

"I just...every time I'm near him, I can't help but comply. How am I supposed to fight against him if I can't even go against him?"

"Hopefully it won't come to that. That compliance you feel is your bond. There is nothing I can do to help you with that but if it comes to a fight, you will not be able to participate."

"He will kill you," I said as if it was obvious.

"Who do you think trained me," he asked with a smirk, "I can hold him off long enough but you're right; if it came to it, he would kill me and I'm okay with that as long as he is restored."

The loyalty Drew felt towards Micah was unreal. I understood because I felt the same undying loyalty to Micah. I would gladly give my life for him but I would not go away. He demanded I never go back to his territory or he would kill me but I had no intention of leaving him. I would find a way to give him his memories back and we would be happy again.