29

KENZIE
NEXT MORNING

I roll over under the comforter, pulling it up closer to my neck. I'm freezing. Logan's still lying next to me, his eyes are closed as he lays on his stomach, arms tucked under the pillow.

I slide closer to him kissing his bicep, before closing my eyes again as I rest my head on the pillows. My body is still buzzing from last night, moments flash in my mind. His hands on my hips, his lips all over my skin, the way he held me and rubbed my back between each round. We couldn't keep our hands off each other.

And his stamina is no joke. I thought I had good stamina because of dance but I think he could have kept going until the sun rose.

I feel him shift beside me but I don't open my eyes or move. His hand wraps around me, his fingers on my bare back and he pulls me closer as he turns on his side.

"Good morning," Logan's voice is deeper than usual, raspy and cracking. 

"Good morning," I smile opening my eyes to look up at him.

"Did you sleep okay?"

I nod, "But let's lay here a bit longer."

His hand slide up my back as he kisses my forehead and my eyes flutter shut again as I let him hold me. "We can lay here as long as you want, babe."

I smile to myself sliding my leg up around his waist.

I don't know how much longer we sleep but I wake up a while later and have to sneak my way out of the bed because Logan's still asleep. But if I don't pee now I'm going to pee my pants....I'm not wearing pants but you get the point.

I pick up a t-shirt from the floor sliding it on to cover myself up before I open his bedroom door and tip toe down to the bathroom. 

"Hi, sleeping beauty," I tease Logan as I crawl back into bed next to him when I come back.

"Your shirt is on backwards." He glances up at me from his phone but quickly his eyes are back on his screen.

I look down and sure enough it is. And it's not even the one I was wearing last night, it's the one Logan was wearing...which means his last name is now painted across my chest.

"Whatever," I roll my eyes before looking at his phone screen. It's a post from the Toronto Maple Leafs and all I can tell is that it's a photo of some kid sitting at a table signing something.

"Stop looking at that," I take his phone from him. I lock it and toss it onto the floor.

"That was very rude," he looks over at me, eyes narrowed. "I was just scrolling online."

I don't believe him one bit, so I raise a brow at him.

"Fine," he sighs, "I saw a news article that they signed this kid to a deal and made a trade so I was reading up on it."

"You have to just let it happen," I tell him, looking up at him waiting for him to look at me. He finally looks down at me, I can see the worry in his eyes.

"I just want to sign and play hockey," he rubs his hand over his face.

I sit up, looking down at him, "You will I know you will. Their season just started, right?"

He chuckles but nods, "Yes."

"And you've still got the last few weeks of this semester and next," I tell him as I reach for his hand, lacing our fingers together, my thumb drawing circles on his palm. "It'll happen, Logan, it will. And maybe that's not the team, maybe you'll get to go somewhere else!"