Eight

In the middle of the night, while everyone was fast asleep, Corinthia shot right up, shaking and sweating... tears in her eyes. She looked around, and upon realizing that the Prince and the two old mentors were safe and sound asleep, the tears began to flow down her face and she tried to wipe them all off to no avail.

"Damn it, Corinthia, it was just a dream! A very bad dream! Get a hold of yourself!" she whispered ever so quietly to her self, hugging herself for comfort. She exhaled heavily and got up, shakily leaving the campsite to look for a cold stream of water to wash her face with.

Titus shook at sound of single branch cracking. Being the prepared warrior that he was, his instincts woke him quick and he got up, his weapon already in his hand, sleep eluding him already. He looked around for any sign of  danger, and when he saw that everything was clear, he placed his sword back in his waist. Then finally, he noticed that someone was missing. "Corinthia?!"

He looked over the Prince and was about to alarm him, but he immediately thought against it. Hmm, if I could go find her myself... and then thank her... I could leave before they all wake up. He nodded to himself, all set with his idea. He got up and went to look for the missing Corinthia.

------------

Corinthia splased water on her face several times. The tears stopped coming but her body never stopped shaking. She was losing control over herself.

"I... I can't... I just..." she stammered, incapable of calming herself down. "Why... Why am I a triumvir? I might not... I can't.." she sobbed.

Titus was right behind her but he didn't approach her immediately. He was perplexed by how seemingly melodramatic she was being. Then again, he wasn't really a person who knew what "feeling" really meant. Being a warrior, he always made it a point to keep his emotions under control and in check... Often, he thinks he no longer really knows what it means to have true emotions.

He wondered whether to approach her... is he even capable of helping her in that department? Then he sighed to himself, realizing that she wasn't going to get a grip without someone telling her to do so. So looking forward, he walked towards her.

And then, Corinthia felt a hand on her back. She looked behind her abruptly, startled. Then she sighed in relief, seeing that it was just Titus.

"What are you doing out here alone? It's not safe." he started, not knowing what else to say.

Corinthia cleared her throat, hoping it wouldn't crack up again. "I... I needed to cool down some where..." she didn't know how to tell him what was wrong, so directly and concisely she just said "I had a nightmare."

Titus thought about that for a while, "Okay... well... don't dwell on it too much... It was just a dream."

Corinthia sighed, "I'm counting on that..." she says, looking down.

Titus sighed to himself and kneeled right beside her, "Maybe you'd like to tell me about? To get it out of your system?" He didn't like his idea too much but then he thought how shaken up she was so...

Corinthia stared at him for a while, "You don't mind listening?"

He shrugged at that, "All the same... I think you should let it out of your system."

She smirked at that and looked away, "It's okay... Nevermind about it... I'm just being... dramatic."

He raised a brow at her, "So she noticed?" he thought to himself.

Then she sighed, "I just... wish I wasn't a triumvir... I don't think I'm fit to be one."

He thought about that, "What makes you think not?"