The Third and Last Wish

The hospital remained a distant thought. Jungkook, insisting the wound wasn't serious, and that they could patch it up at home. Taehyung, his hands trembling violently, fumbled with the bandages. There was a cut on his neck from the ceramic bowl and angry red burns on both his neck and hand, caused by the hot soup that had spilled from the bowl.

"W-what if it's not enough..." Taehyung stammered, his voice choked with tears. His eyes, swollen and red-rimmed, he was anxious. "Jungkook, please, let's go to the hospital."

Jungkook sighed, then turned and gently nudged Taehyung towards his shoulder, offering a comforting pat on the back. "Shh, Tete," he murmured soothingly. "Don't cry. I'm okay. I promise."

"B-but... it's deep and..." Taehyung trailed off, pulling away slightly. Guilt gnawed at him. How had things escalated so quickly? Because of him, Jungkook was hurt. It all felt like his fault. If he'd been more careful and checked the dishes more thoroughly, none of this would have happened.

"Tete," Jungkook said, his voice firm yet gentle. He cupped Taehyung's face, his touch surprisingly warm. Their foreheads touched, and a jolt of electricity shot through him. He could feel Jungkook's breath hitching against his cheek, their hearts echoing a frantic rhythm. A wave of unfamiliar emotions washed over him.

Looking into Jungkook's eyes was a risk Taehyung wasn't sure he was ready to take. His mind raced, a tangled mess. One wrong move and the fragile trust they were building could shatter. He couldn't afford another mistake.

Yet, as Jungkook's gaze held his captive, a yearning bloomed within Taehyung. He wanted to push Jungkook's hand away, and yet, the sense of security that enveloped him when they were this close, breathing the same air, their bodies a silent promise of comfort, was intoxicating.

Instead of meeting Jungkook's eyes, Taehyung's gaze drifted down to his lips, the soft curve sending a delicious shiver down his spine.

He was moving towards his lips, and finally, it touched. Panic surged through him as he realised his impulsive action. The kiss, a mere brush of lips, had been a betrayal of his own will. Shame flooded his cheeks as he met Jungkook's wide, bewildered eyes. He scrambled back, his body trembling uncontrollably. What had he just done?

The past, a dark and stormy sea, threatened to engulf him once more. Memories, raw and painful, clawed at the edges of his mind. This wasn't him. This wasn't who he wanted to be. Convinced of Jungkook's disgust, Taehyung bolted towards the doorway, a desperate need to escape clawing at him. He had to disappear, to find somewhere, anywhere, where the suffocating weight of his actions wouldn't follow.

"Taehyung, you're trembling."

Jungkook's voice, surprisingly calm, cut through the storm raging inside him. Before Taehyung could react, he felt the warmth of Jungkook's embrace envelop him from behind. Strong arms held him steady, a safe harbor in the midst of his emotional turmoil.

"Breathe, Taehyung, breathe. Listen only to my voice," Jungkook murmured, his voice soothing. He gently closed Taehyung's eyes with one hand, the silent command urging him to focus on the present. A soft "Shh" escaped Jungkook's lips, a comforting sound that calmed the frantic beat of Taehyung's heart.

Minutes bled into what felt like hours. They stood there, bathed in the cool moonlight. As Taehyung's trembling subsided, Jungkook slowly removed his hand, revealing a pair of eyes filled with a confusing mix of concern and… vulnerability?

"Jungkook... I, uh, I..." stammered Taehyung, his voice hoarse.

"It's okay," Jungkook interrupted softly. He turned Taehyung to face him, his gaze searching Taehyung's. "Taehyung, don't leave me."