Keep The Past In The Past

Darry Pov

I watched as she stared out the window. I felt bad for telling him but this was the only way I knew how to protect her. To save her from herself. It may seem like I'm being selfish but I have my reasons. I don't want her to remember what's missing.

Two years ago.
We sat at the dinner table watching her. She sat texting on her phone with a huge smile on her face. She would laugh and giggle leaving us curious. Who are you texting Trinity asked poking her side. No one she blushed setting her phone on the table. She may have said it was no one but it we all knew it was someone.

My brotherly instincts kicked in. Your boyfriend I asked. She started coughing. Trinity handed her a cup of water. He's just a friend she said. Yeah I mumbled causing trinity to hit me.

We all knew she had a boyfriend. I was positive it was just a middle school fling until she started crying over him. Tati was never one to cry for no reason. When I meet the kid I wanted to rip his eyeballs out for making my sister cry but they got back together. I tried to talk her out of it but she wouldn't listen to me.

Then they broke up again. This time she had changed. She would constantly cry and sit in her room. That was until one day I came home and found her in the bathroom with bloody wrist. I felt horrible. I couldn't protect my baby sister. Although we weren't blood related she was still my little sister.

She became distant from us afterwards. Mom had passed. Everyone was one edge but she was the worst out of all of us. Her boyfriend came back and crushed her once again. And that was the breaking point for her.

She was depressed. Tati felt like everyone who she cared for was turning her back on her. Trinity went to college. I would be graduating and following after her. Dad was constantly traveling. She must have felt alone. And I couldn't protect her. So in the end she tried to commit suicide.

She nearly drowned and almost forgot her own identity. That day I vowed I would protect my little sister no matter what.

So when the news got out that she had a knew boyfriend. The pattern was repeating. I didn't want those forgotten memories to come up. I needed them to stay locked forever. So she wouldn't fall back into that place again. That place were she felt so alone that she wanted to die.

Darry she yelled snapping her fingers in my face. Yeah I said looking at her. I need to go to practice watch cookie for me she said. I have nod. She gave a small smile running out the dorm. I truly feel bad but I can't let the cycle repeat.

Tati pov

I threw my jacket to the side moving pieces if hair out my face. Happy my choreographer pressed play on computer and watched as we practiced. After crying for a week over jungkook I realized that maybe we're just not meant to be. Right now I needed to focus on the dream concert. I am performing by myself after all. Six song back to back. I have to be ready. My heart still did hurt from time to time. Then when I would zone out he was the first thing that popped into my mind. Grabbing the mic I got ready.

You're only getting farther - you're the only one
As much as I loved you, you're the only one
It hurts and hurts and it's foolish but good bye
Though I may never see you again, you're the only one
Only one

We awkwardly sit across each other,
Making small talk and asking what's new
The moments when the conversation stop for a moment
The cold silence freezes us

We will become strangers at this place right now
Someone will shed tears and be left alone but
I hate seeing you try not to scar me and feel ill at ease
So I'll let you go

My love, good bye now - you're the only one (you're the only one)
Even at the moment we break up, you're the only one
It hurts and hurts and it's foolish but good bye
Though I may never see you again, you're the only one

Only One
You're the only one, Only One

At my sudden works, you seem to be relieved for some reason
Where did we go wrong?
Did we hope for different places starting from long ago?

The sharpness of the vast difference of our start and end
And the pain that stabs my heart - why is it so similar?
My overwhelmed heart crumbles emptily in just one moment
How can I stand up again?

My love, good bye now - you're the only one (you're the only one)
Even at the moment we break up, you're the only one
It hurts and hurts and it's foolish but good bye
Though I may never see you again, you're the only one

When will my head erase you? (I will let you go)
One day, two days, one month, if long term then a few years (My baby can't forget)
And someday in your memories,
I won't live in it, you will erase me

Only One Only One
You're the only one, Only One

I sang then went directly went into the next song. This song was only a me singing no dancing. I would be performing three ballad like songs and three pop dance song. The ballads would give me a break In-between. Plus I have a special dance stage so I have a lot on my plate right now. That and a broken heart I need to get over. Forgetting it even happened would be the best option. But I feel like this has happened before.