1 - The Future

EARL

"We still are." I said to Hurricane.

He gave a quick smile and whispered something.

"What was that?" Ylona asked.

"Nothing." He said.

"Anyway, lets find another place to talk. This place is crawling with people."

We walked to a nearby alley and talked.

"Aren't you gonna replace us since you were from, when again?" I asked.

"10 years. Anyway, the answer to your question is because I'm not gonna finish the mission here, in this time."

"What do you mean?"

"My mission is to bring you with me, not to me. So, Blue and Red doesn't have a chance to replace you with me since we're gonna be in the future."

"Ok, I get it."

"Now lets go. There isn't much time."

"Wait, who are the people that you said that were gonna help us?"

"I don't know them."

"Now come on." He added.

"Yeah. You ready, Ylona?"

"Yeah, I am."

"Lets go."

And I suddenly remembered, I never got my time traveling powers. How are we and how did he travel back here.

"Hey, wait."

"Hmm?"

"Our powers. Do they come back?"

"Just come."

Ylona and I stood near him and prayed that we will be able to come back here. To our time.

Hurricane looked at his wrist and pressed something.

"Hang on tight." He said.

And then we were at another place.
It was sort of a lab. A big lab. There were people running around. Some people seemed like they were working with their computers. There were about 50 of them.

"They're here!" A person said.

Then all of them looked at us.

"Welcome to the Pocket Watch." Hurricane said.

"Nice name. How'd you think of it?" I asked.

"Look up."

We looked up and saw two long strips of metal with a pointy head.

"Are those?" Ylona asked.

"Yup, those are like a clock's hands. We use that to time travel. I just need to step on this platform right here and these guys put the desired destination and bam! The hands spin so that I could time travel."

"Cool. By the way, where's Ylona? Your Ylona, I mean." I asked.

His face suddenly went dark. Like, he was suddenly depressed.

"Yeah, thats why I need your help."

"Why? What happened?" My Ylona asked.

"Come with me to my office. Lets talk about it there."

As we were walking, I asked Hurricane something.

"Who are you anyway? I mean, who are you in this time? Like, why are you here in the Pocket Watch?"

"I'm the leader. I found it, built it, organized it. Pocket Watch is where we save the world. The world of the future and the past. But we didn't travel back 6 years because we didn't want to risk it. I used to go out in the field. But now, I only send forces out."

"I've been meaning to ask about that. What happened to your arm?" Ylona asked.

"I lost. I lost to somebody in a fight losing my arm in the process."

"What? Who did you fight?" I asked.

"A friend. Or used to be. You'll meet him though. In this time. He was more of a partner actually. We always had this rivalry."

"Wait, wait, wait. What do you mean I'm gonna meet him? And this time?"

"Yeah, you will. I'm not gonna tell you who he is though. You need to find that out for yourself."

"Yeah, I know how it works."

"We're here."

Hurricane said as we walked into a room. His office.

Author's Note :

Hey guys! This chapter is just a sneak peek of the sequel "Why Us?". Chapter 2 will be published as soon as possible. Thanks for your time for reading and I would like to borrow a few more seconds to vote if you don't mind. :) Thanks for your time!

-YrloHurricane11