4 - Why Am I Here?

JET

"Hey Jet!" Somebody said behind me.

I looked behind me to see who it was. It was just Marina. Her aqua eyes shined in the dark sky. Her black hair blowing into the wind.

"Oh, hey!" I said back.

"What are you doing here? You're not interested in malls. You used to say that malls are too crowded for you." She asked.

"Trying something new. I was bored. You? What are doing here?"

"I'm going to shop for a dress I'm going to use later at the party."

"That reminds me! Do you want to come with me? Its at the beach!" She added.

"Don't you have someone coming along?"

"No, this time I'm alone. My friends were busy. So, do you want to come or not?"

"Yeah, sure. Why not?"

"Great!"

"Should I pick you up at what time?"

"5 pm is pretty good."

"See you later."

"See ya!"

She waved her hand goodbye and went shopping. I don't know why I said yes because that party is supposed to be filled with the most popular people at school. Even Marina! Marina and I were childhood friends. We still are but not that close anymore. She has been talking a lot with girls her age recently. Thats why we never got a chance to talk.

Man, I was right. This place was crowded. Kids crying, people playing, people talking with someone on their phone. Yup, definitely right. I just went home to get away from the boredom. When I was walking home, I heard people saying that a girl almost got hit by a car. Luckily, a guy saved her. I went home and took a shower for the party. It was still 3:00.

Am I rushing? I thought. This was the first time I ever went to a party. I've thought parties were the same as malls. BORING. I decided to watch a movie to pass the time. When I finished it, it was already 4:20. I wore some fresh clothes. I left my home at 4:40 and drove to Marina's house. It was pretty near. I just arrived in time.

I was about to knock on the door when the door opened.

"Hey, Jet!" Marina said.

"Hey Marina. You ready?"

"Yeah, let me just lock this door."

"You look pretty."

She was wearing a red.... I don't know what its called but she was pretty.

"Oh, thanks. You look good yourself." She said, blushing.

"And thank you."

"Anyways, should we go?" She asked.

"Yeah, sure." I walked her to the car and opened the passenger side door for her. We went to the beach. We stepped outside of the car only to find that it was empty.

"Ummm...... Marina? Wheres the party?" I asked with Marina walking behind me. I can hear her footsteps but it suddenly stopped.

"Marina?" I looked back and saw a big man in a suit, carrying Marina, unconscious.

"Hey! Put her down!" I commanded him.

"Look behind you." The man said.

I looked behind me only to find another man in front of me. I was about to step back when he punched me in the face. I blacked out.

When I regained consciousness, I can hear a girl and a guy talking.

"Did you hurt him?" The girl asked.

"I punched him." The guy said.

"Good."

What is wrong with these people? How about Marina? Where is she? I tried to look for her and she was only beside me. Maybe 10-15 feet apart. She was unconscious. We were in some sort of a room. A big room. There was a big screen of glass where I saw the two people. I stayed silent because I don't know what the people in here might do if they knew that I'm awake.

Where am I? I looked up at the ceiling and saw two big strips of metal. It looked like the hands of a clock. What is this place? I heard footsteps. And I was busy looking for clues to know where I was, I didn't notice that the girl and the guy who talked was gone.

"So, you're awake." The girl said.

"So what if I am?" I said.

"I wish I could kill you. You deserve it. But you're too important."

"Why? Why do you want kill me?!"

"Because you hurt too many people."

"What ARE you talking about?!"

"I can't tell you! Hurricane told me not to."

"Who's Hurricane?"

"You'll meet him soon. VERY soon."

"What do you want from us?"

"We want your help."

"With what?"

"With saving the world."

"What? The world doesn't need saving!"

"Not yet anyway."

"Let Marina GO!"

"No! She may try to escape. You just stay put. Hurricane is on his way."

"I don't care! Let us-"

She slapped me.

"Just shut up!" She shouted.

I didn't talk but I looked at her. She was staring at me with fear, hatred. Did I do something to her?

"Make sure he stays quiet." She told the guard.

"Yes Ma'am."