3 - Appearance

YLONA

I can't believe it. I can't believe that my older self got "kidnapped" by some guy.

"But who is he?" Earl asked.

"I can't tell you." Hurricane said.

"Why not?!"

"Because if I tell you, the future will change! If you change the future with your present self inside that future, you will die. You will be erased. You will be nothing! There will be no future for you to change if your present self died in the future to be changed!"

"But won't there be someone who will replace us?"

"No, because there is no one to replace or to be replaced."

"But what are we going to do? We don't have weapons." Earl asked.

"That is why you're going to make your own."

"What do you mean?"

"Here in Pocket Watch, you can make your own weapons. Weapons in the form of a key, a pen, anything. So, what is your weapon of choice?"

"Like yours."

"You really are smart."

"Thank you."

I sighed and whispered,

"Boys."

"Did you say something?" Earl asked.

"Nothing." I said with a smile.

"And how about you?"

"Huh? Oh, just a dagger. I didn't really do any good with my bow and arrow before. I'm gonna try to use a dagger. Maybe kill some enemies silently with it."

He smiled and a tear rolled down his face.

"Hey, you okay?" I asked.

"Yeah, its just that, you think like my Ylona."

"Well duh, I am her."

He laughed.

"Well anyway, I'll tell them to make it. Wait here."

"Yeah sure." Earl said.

When he was gone, Earl and I talked a little bit.

"Do you think we can do this?" I asked Earl.

"Just as long you're with me, I can do it."

I didn't get to reply because every computer, every screen, even the big screen in front of the Pocket Watch, it showed something. It was a man with a mask wearing red. And then we realized it was the person that sliced Hurricane's arm off and kidnapped my older self. Hurricane came back here as soon as the man in red showed up.

"Hello everybody!" The man in red said.

He saw me and Earl and said,

"So you're here already? Nice to meet you Earl. You look so young."

"Hey! What did you do to her?!" Hurricane asked furiously.

"Ylona? She's safe in my cell."

He then moved aside and we saw Ylona. The older Ylona. She was imprisoned in a type of cell that was no more bigger than an average prison cell. But this one wasn't made of metal bars. This was made with what looked like glass.

"You bastard! Where are you keeping her?" Hurricane asked.

"I won't tell you. You already know that. Anyways, Earl? They're here."

"Who's they?" Earl asked.

"Oh, Hurricane never told you? Figures. He's pretty careful with things. After all, you and him are the same person.

"I'll explain it to you later Earl, but right now we need to find out where he's keeping Ylona!" Hurricane said.

"Can we track him down?" He asked to his people.

"No sir. He's jamming our tracking satellites." Someone said.

"You bastard." Hurricane said.

"Do you think that I am stupid enough to forget about your satellites? You forgot, I'm careful too. And next time, be careful on what you want to call me. You don't want poor Ylona to get hurt now, would you? Anyway, I'm going to shut off now. I'm going to be prepared. Remember that."

And then all of the screens shut off. Hurricane shouted and banged his fist to a table.

"Calm down Hurricane!" Earl said.

"How can I calm down?! He's got Ylona! He's more prepared now than he was! And the worst part is, I knew that she was going to be taken! She did too! I'm a failure!"

Of course. I never thought about it. He was from the future so he must've lived through this before but he was surprised when he said that our enemy was prepared.

"Hurricane, how many times have this happened?" I asked.

"Once. I was the first to go through it."

"So, thats why you were surprised. But if he was prepared, the future may change which means your information can't help us." I said.

"Why not? He is from the future right? Which means everything we go through now, he'll remember." Earl said.

"Its not that simple. I can't get the memories of my past selves unless we're in different timelines and again, the memories are incomplete. Everything needs to happen before I can know it. Since it hasn't happened yet, I can't know. Please you have to save her!" Hurricane pleaded.

"I will. Now, tell me who were the people that guy was talking about." Earl said.

"They are the ones that will help you. I forgot to tell you that there is one more Pocket Watch branch. But they're somewhat different. They're called Clock of Death. They're not bad guys. They're just the type of people that you don't want to upset. We asked for their help for this. And the they that he talked about also came from your time."

"How do you know all this?" Earl asked.

"This one, I lived through. Thats how." Hurricane answered.

And then a person with glasses came running at our direction shouting,

"Sir! Sir!"

"What is it, Morgan?" Hurricane asked.

"Its done sir. The keys are done."

He handed out the keys to Hurricane and ran back the other direction.

"Here." Hurricane then gave us the keys.

"Sweet." Earl said.

"Ylna!" He added. And instead of becoming a sword instantly, the key transformed to a sword.

"You know the word?" Hurricane said.

"I heard it before. And like Reign said before, we're pretty much predictable about this stuff." He said.

"Whats mine?" I asked.

"Same." He said.

"Ylna!" I shouted.

And out came out a small, sharp, gray dagger.

"Thanks." I thanked him.

"No problem. Just as long you save Ylona. Now go!"

"We'll do everything we can. Anyway, where are we going?" Earl asked.

"Here. You need to go here. This is his hideout. We got the intel from our people out in the field. But you'll start in the city. You'll be surprised. And I can't help you anymore" He gave us a map with a large X at the center of an island.

"Thanks but-"

"No buts! Now go! Save the world while you still can!"

"Yeah, yeah, we'll go." Earl said.

And as he said that, we walked out of the Pocket Watch.