8 - We Saw Her

YLONA

We sneaked into their hideout. We didn't encounter many problems. Just two guards. Good thing we moved fast before they alarmed the other guards. Before we went in, Earl suddenly started talking to his earpiece. After his conversation with Hurricane, I asked him what Hurricane said.

"What is it?" I asked.

He turned back and looked at me.

"She's.... she's here. Ylona's being kept here."

"What?! Isn't she in the city?!"

"Apparently, he wants us to be separated from Jet and Marina."

"Why?"

"He thinks that we'll be stronger if we're together. And Hurricane finally gave us his name. It's Meyel."

"Meyel huh? Did Hurricane say anything else?"

"Yeah. He said that Jet and Marina are coming."

"Great. We could use their help."

"Yeah, I agree. We didn't even make it to the hideout and I'm already sweating."

"Eww. That's gross."

He just giggled.

"Anyway, I saw a vent a while ago when you were talking with Hurricane. Maybe you can unscrew the screws with the blade of your sword."

"Worth a try. Where is it?"

I showed him where the vent was and he tried it. It took him a while but it worked. He took off the vent cover and we entered their hideout. We stepped quietly to avoid alerting someone inside. We finally found a room where there's another vent we can go out of. We dropped down quietly knowing the risks. Surprisingly, it was a big room and there were no people in it, except one.

It was a person in a glass cell. It was her. It was Ylona. Earl and I ran straight to her to save her and Ylona was looking at us and screamed something.

"STOP!!" Ylona shouted.

"What?!" Earl screamed back.

"Get out of here! It's a trap!!"

"What?! No! We won't leave you here!"

Now we knew why she wanted us to get out of there. Earl tried to break the glass with his sword and he was electrocuted.

"Earl!" The old Ylona and I screamed.

And then I felt something hit my neck. It pulled it out and it was a needle. I started feeling dizzy and my legs weakened. I was about to collapse when I saw a person with a mask walking up to me.

"I'm not going to hurt you. But I'll hurt Earl really really bad." He said removing his mask. And his face and voice was familiar. But my vision became blurry so I can't really see his face clearly.

"No!" My old self screamed.

When I completely collapsed, I can still hear him giggling.

When I woke up, I was in a cell that my older self was in. I saw Earl in another cell beside me. Oh no, now what? What are we going to do?

"Ylona? Are you ok?" Earl asked me, barely hearing him.

"Yeah. Are you?"

He nodded. The person I saw was Meyel. I saw his face but I can't seem to put it in the right place.

"They're here. They're coming." Earl said.

"Who?" My older self asked.

"Jet and Marina." He said.

"How do you know that?" I asked.

"Hurricane told me."

"Meyel didn't take your earpiece?"

"Oh, he did. Luckily, Hurricane hid a spare in my pocket. Appparently he was prepared too."

"He didn't get it? How about the key?"

"The key he got and he destroyed it."

"What now?!" My older self asked.

"Luckily, Hurricane gave spare keys to Jet and Marina before they got here. They can help us escape here."

"Great."

After a long moment of waiting and silence, two people dropped down of the vent Earl and I used. It was a boy and a girl. It was them.

"Jet, get us out of here!" Earl shouted.

"Yeah, wait a sec." Jet said back.

"Marina can you crack the passwords to their cells?" He asked Marina.

"I'll try."

She went ahead and tried to open our cells. She first tried Earl's cell and mine and we got out but when she tried to open my older self's cell, she had trouble.

"I can't do it!" She said.

"What?!" Earl asked.

"This password machine is different than the others. It can only accessed by a password but I can't hack it." She said.

"It's ok! Just come back for me! Save the world first!" My older self said.

"No!" I screamed.

"It's ok! I'll be safe here. Just go!"

Earl grabbed my hand and we left. I swear I'll make Meyel regret the things that he has done to hurt us.