7 - I Can't Do This

MARINA

We can see the office. It was crawling with cyborgs. The place looked like it had 3 stories and it was surrounded with trees and bushes. We needed to go inside. We can't go through the front door because A : It was being guarded. And B : It needed a password for us to go in. We decided to see if there's a back door. There was one.

"Man, its being guarded." Jet said.

"How many?" I asked.

"2, but theres another password machine."

"I think I can hack it."

"Ok, I'll try to distract them but be quick."

"Yeah, just go."

I opened my laptop and before he went I said,

"Wait."

"What?"

"Nothing. Just thought it was weird that there's nobody inside."

"Nobody at all?"

"Yeah. Just go. It's probably nothing."

He proceeded to distracted them. He threw a small rock to a cyborg's head.
Since they were cybernetic organisms, they were half robot and half human. They still talked like humans. It was kind of creepy.

"What was that?" A cyborg said.

"Don't know. Let's check it out."

They checked out the area where Jet was hiding. I hoped he moved. I sneaked quietly and began to crack the password. Then Jet bolted from the bushes screaming,

"Is it done yet?!"

"Stop screaming! They'll hear you!"

"They already did!"

"Shoot them!" A cyborg shouted walking out of the bushes.

"Are you finished?!" Jet asked.

"No!"

It feels like I can't do it. Jet was fighting and dodging bullets. Good thing he used to play some action games. He couldn't keep it up for long.
I always worked badly when I was pressured and nervous. Like that time in my ballet recital, I managed to mess it up. I can't do this.

"Are you done yet?!" Jet asked.

"No! No! I can't do this!"

"Sure you can! I believe in you! You're the greatest hacker I know. Trust me."

I was close to cracking it. Just a few more and then I can get it. So close and then I heard Jet scream in pain.

"Jet!"

"I'm okay!"

I finally cracked the code. I opened the door and looked at Jet. He was bleeding.

"Come on!" I told him.

"Be right there!"

He finally came to the door and I immediately locked it and replaced the password with a new one. We sat on the hallway when we entered the office. I was right. It was deserted. There was no people here.

"Are you ok?" I asked.

"Yeah, a bullet just grazed my skin. It's fine. Now go search that room. I'll rest for a second. You'll be safe, if what you said was true. If this place is really deserted."

"Yeah, thats what worries me."

I went ahead and checked the nearby room. There was a table. I checked its drawers and I found a letter. I opened the letter only to be surprised by what was written on it.

"Hahaha. You idiots are too easy to fool. Get out of there while you still have the chance. By the way, you can call me Meyel." The letter said.

I suddenly heard a ticking noise. When I realized what it was, I bolted straight out of the room and went to grab Jet.

"Lets get out of here!" I said.

"Why?!" Jet asked.

"This place is going to explode!"

I unlocked the door and went through the cyborgs that we were fighting a while ago. They shot at us again but they were too slow for us. We ran to the trees and got out of there. In the distance, we can see the building explode to rubble. Good thing people didn't get crushed by the falling debris.

"Yeah, definitely prepared." Jet said.

"I'll use my laptop to talk to Hurricane."

I opened my laptop and called Hurricane through a program he installed.

"Hurricane." I said.

"Yeah? What is it? Did you get Ylona?

"They're not here."

"What?!"

"They're not here. If you remembered that this where Ylona was being kept, well I guess Meyel did too."

"Meyel. How'd you know his name?"

"There was a letter. We found it in the office before we blew up. He said that we're too easy to fool."

"It blew up?! Was anybody hurt?! And don't listen to him. Its my fault."

"Well, I don't think anybody was hurt. Well, what now?"

"Well, do the only thing you can do. Join Earl and Ylona on the island. I have a feeling that's where he'll be and where he's keeping Ylona."

"Ok, got you. We'll be there." Jet said.
I completely forgot he was there.

"Good luck." Hurricane said as he turned off the transmission.

"Well, lets go." Jet said.

"Yeah." I said.