Chapter 3

When I arrived back at home it was nearly dark. I walked into the house still soaking wet. I tried to sneak upstairs without Mikasa noticing me but as I reached half way I heard someone clear the throat. I could feel her stare burning into my back. I slowly turned around. "H hey Mikasa." I started to slowly walk backwards up the stairs.
"You're late. It's practically dark. By the way how was that errand you say you needed to do?"
"Um... it was good... I guess..." I looked away. It was so obvious that I was lying. Damn it. Why am I so crap at this kind of thing?
"That's nice." She said as she started to walk up the stairs. I turned to see how close to the top I was. Only a few steps. I could do it. I can reach there without her catching me. Hah. In my dreams. Before I knew it she was grabbing onto my collar giving me a death stare. "Don't you dare scare me like that again. Look at you. You're soaked. Go take a shower. Afterwards tell me what happened, then we'll have dinner and you will do your homework since your grades are already not the best. Have I made myself clear?" I simply nodded as I stumbled up the stairs and took of my clothes, getting into the shower. Then his name popped up in my head. Levi. Was that even his name? How can I be sure? It probably wasn't. His name was probably something completely different. But he was breathtaking. His looks were perfect. He was rude though. He stole my art. I mean I guess it was of him but still. And he didn't have to call me brat. I leaned my head against the wall and let the warm water trickle down my body. Levi. I don't know why but I feel like I know him. He probably thinks I'm insane. Tomorrow. I have to go there again. I want my picture back... and I want to see him again. There's no guarantee he will be there but it's a nice place to take a nap and relax anyway. Him being there would be the bonus.
I got out of the shower and dried myself, my thoughts all on him. I didn't know what I felt for him. If I liked him or not. I got my pyjamas on and walked as slowly as possible downstairs thinking of an excuse to tell Mikasa. I had no idea what I was going to say. There she was. Sitting at the dinner table waiting for me. I sat down and tucked in, eating her delicious food.
"I'm glad you like it. Now Eren. Tell me what you were really doing."
I looked at her and started to talk. "I lied. I just wanted some time to myself. I wanted to go for a walk so I followed a path and found a nice stream in a forest and it was beautiful. I might've taken a little nap and I stumbled and fell backwards into the river. That's why I'm soaking wet." Most of it was the truth. Apart from the river part but everything else is the truth. All she did was sigh.
"Ok. You know if you want to go for a walk you don't have to lie you know? Just don't oversleep next time you go there. You really worried me. And you might catch a cold now."
"I'm fine Mikasa. Don't worry about me." I got up and put my plate in the kitchen. I went upstairs to do my homework but told Mikasa first. I did my homework (not very well though) turned the light off, said goodnight to Mikasa and then fell asleep with Levi still in my mind.
(AN: I hope you like it. I'm sure nobody is reading this for this is my first fan fic after all. But if you are reading this I hope you're enjoying it. I'm still going to continue because it's fun to write. Thank you for reading if you are. 😊)