Chapter 22

Trigger warning: contains insanity and could be triggering for some people. No spoilers though.

I woke up, feeling a throbbing pain in my head. "Ow.." I muttered, lifting my hand up to rub my head...except...I couldn't. I physically couldn't move my arms. "What the..?" I looked down at my hands but I couldn't see anything. I was in complete darkness. "Hello?" I called out, waiting for an answer. Nothing. Shivering, I finally realised how cold it was, my mind slowly waking up. I could feel the frosty atmosphere attacking my skin like a million, tiny spears had been thrown onto my arms all at once. Breathing out, I saw a cloud of my breath. Shit. It's really cold in here.Why is it so cold? No. That isn't what I should be asking. Where am I? Trying to get my eyes to adjust to the darkness. Trying. "Levi?" I called out, hoping that he was around somewhere. "Levi!" I called out louder, trying to get up but failing. "LEVI!" I threw myself forward but something held me back, making a sound like chains rattling. I'm in chains? What?!

Suddenly, a crack of light burst through from a door that was opening, lighting up the room a little. It was completely empty though. I looked at the ground and saw I was sitting on a black surface. Looking back at the door, it opened a little wider, a silhouette standing in the middle of the rectangle of bright, white light.

"Who are you?!" I said, angrily, assuming this was the person who kidnapped me. "Where have you taken me?!" A small chuckle rumbled through the room.

"You're so cute." Said a cold voice but I couldn't recognise it. This was someone I had never met before.

"What's so funny?" I asked worriedly, slightly afraid of what was to come.

"Don't you see? You're not anywhere. This isn't a room, idiot. It's complete darkness. This... Is all in your head." In my head? No. Can't be... Then the words I had just though of appeared in front of me in bold, white letters.

"It's true."

"So then, who are you?!"

"Reality. I've come to take you back. It took me a while to find you. That cafe of yours was nice. Shame it doesn't exist."

Reality? What? But I was living in reality. Right? Yes. I was. He's talking bullshit. It was quite a nice reality as well...

"You really are stupid aren't you. Haven't you met me? I'm reality. I'm not supposed to be perfect. The life you were living, don't you realise that it was too perfect to be true?"

"Too perfect....TOO PERFECT?!! MY PARENTS ARE DEAD!!" I yelled, yanking at my chains. The silhouette walked closer to me, the black fugue putting a hand on my chin, lifting up. I couldn't see anything.

"Died? Well that's was people DO!" He screamed at my face, causing me to flinch. "You've been living the dream for TOO LONG BUDDY!! It's time to go back." With that, he clicked his fingers, freeing me from my chains.

-----------------------------------------

I shot up, my heart racing out of my chest. Where am I now? And what was that? I looked around. This wasn't my normal bedroom. This wasn't my normal bed. This looked familiar. I couldn't put my finger on it though.

"Eren?!! Oh my god! EREN?!! IS THAT REALLY YOU?!" I heard Hanji scream, unlocking a gate...?  And running in, greeting me with a massive hug, making it difficult for me to breathe.

"H-Hanji?" I-is everything okay? Where am I?"

"Shhh. It's okay Eren. You're awake. That's all that matters." I heard her say softly. "I thought you were never going to wake up. I lost faith in you Eren. I'm sorry." I heard sniffling and felt my shoulder become a little moist. She's...crying? Confused, I held her back, embracing her. "I'm okay. But where am I? Last thing I remember was I was at that cafe with Levi an-" but I was cut off.