Chapter 6

After eating I felt a lot better. I wasn't sure I should go back or not. I looked at the time. It was 4:00 and Mikasa wasn't back until 9. I wanted to explore the forest so I did. The trees were so amazing and the creatures I saw. I loved it here. It was also quiet and I felt like I was free, away from reality. I wanted to stay there forever, without a care in the world. I made myself a promise. Everyday, I was going to come here for at least an hour. It helped me sought out my thoughts which I needed to do every once in a while. Well, now everyday. I found another spot surrounded by trees and flowers of all kinds. In the middle was just sticks and mud and the sun shining brightly down on it. I couldn't get over how beautiful the scenery was. I wanted to take a picture but it wouldn't turn out as beautiful. Like with Levi I thought. What the hell was that? Ugh. No. I don't like him. I mean I don't hate him but I don't like like him. How many times do I have to tell myself this? I buried my face into my hands. Honestly. What was wrong with me? I checked the time again. I don't know why but I always wanted to know the time. (Probably because I wanted to get home on time so Mikasa doesn't scold me. Yeah that was it.) It was 4:30. Time seemed to go on forever in this forest which I also liked. Time went by too quickly and it was nice to be in a place where things went slower. My mind was entering a sea of thoughts. To be honest I had no idea what I was thinking about. I was just daydreaming. Thinking about anything that came to mind. It was, somehow, a wonderful feeling. I always loved how mysterious my trail of thoughts were. The sea I would enter and pick any thought I wanted. It was strange but comforting. After about an hour of this I knew I had to see the other side. I was just so curious. But what if I bumped into Levi? I didn't feel like seeing him. All he did was confuse me. I didn't want to leave so I just wondered around, keeping track of where I was going. I ended up in my usual spot by the river to see Levi lying on the other side. I turned to walk away. I was going home. I'd seen him enough today but for some reason a pang of guilt hit me. I don't know why. I was hoping he didn't see me but it was too late now. I'd made myself so obvious so to avoid any awkwardness I just lay down, staring into the sky. I heard a voice. "Oi brat. You're still here?"
"Yep." I answered not looking at him. The sky was too beautiful to take my eyes off. "You are too I see." No reply. I decided that I wanted to know his name. I called him Levi in my head but was that right? I called him "Heichou" which was really strange and "sir" but what was his real, full name. I built the courage to ask. "Hey. What's your name?"
"Why do you need to know?" He answered. I wasn't surprised but he didn't call me brat this time. Maybe he stopped calling me that. Ha. In my dreams.
"I just want to know. After all. I did help you earlier. It's the least you could do."
"Shut up brat." There it was.
"Again. Not a brat." We lay either side of the river, looking up at the sky. After what I think was thirty minutes. I heard him reply "Levi. Levi Ackerman."
"Sorry?" I answers.
"Levi Ackerman. My name. You asked for it so I'm giving it to you brat." So I was right. It was Levi and he had the same surname as Mikasa.
"Levi. That's a nice name. I'm Eren. Eren Jaeger." That's when I turned my head to look at him. I was wrong. He was a better sight than the sky. He always looked so beautiful. His face was concentrated on the sky and the wind would blow his hair gently across his face. I tried to look away but couldn't. His silvery eyes met mine. I didn't care. I loved his eyes. I didn't care if he thought I was weird for staring, which I did a lot. I just wanted to look at him. He stared back. Then finally he said "Eren Jaeger? Hm. I guess it isn't a horrible name." I wasn't hurt by this. Somehow I could tell that was a compliment and as good as his compliments were going to get so far. He then got up, breaking the stare, and said "See you around Jaeger." With that he left. Levi Ackerman. It's nice to finally know your name. I stayed there for a little until it reached about 6:30. I headed home until I was stopped by a man. He pinned me against the wall and held a gun to my head. "Give me your money and no one gets hurt. Have I made myself clear?" He said leaning closer to me, so close that I could smell him. His scent was of beer and dirt. It was horrible. I was too scared to say anything that I closed my eyes until I heard someone running towards me. I was too scared to open my eyes. Who was running? Levi? I thought. I opened my eyes to see who it was. It was Mikasa running towards me. She attacked the man and held me in her arms. I was so relieved but at the same time a little disappointed. Why? No. I couldn't be. Was I disappointed because

It wasn't Levi?

(AN: hoped you enjoyed that. I know it was short. Sorry. Thanks for reading. I can't believe I have 25 views. I know it isn't a lot but to me it's loads. Thank you so much.)