Chapter 4

"Beep. Beep. Beep." My alarm went as I slammed the top of it to turn it off. I looked at the time. 6:45am. School started at 9:00 but started getting ready now. I pulled myself out of bed, not wanting to be separated by its warmth and started to get ready.
After my shower, I put on my school clothes, grabbed my bag and heading for the door when I heard Mikasa's voice.
"You're not planning on leaving without breakfast, are you?" She said, staring at me as I slipped on my shoes.
"Well, I'm not very hungry and I-" but I was cut off.
"I don't care if you're not hungry. You are eating breakfast. Have I made myself clear?"
"Yes Mum." Muttered hoping she wouldn't hear. Luckily she didn't. I ate breakfast and opened the door. "Bye."
"Bye. Have a good day. I'll be back late tonight. At around 9:00-9:30 so you'd better be home before I am."
Mikasa had finished school and, since my parents died, had been supporting us. She worked in a bakery and sometimes would have to work late. The pay was good. It was supporting both of us. I felt bad for not doing anything. All I did was cause trouble. I don't know how she does it but she puts up with me and looks after me. For that I am grateful.
When I left the house it was 7:00. I had two hours. I decided to go back to the river side I saw yesterday, half hoping to see Levi. When I arrived there, I sat down and stared at the river, watching the sun rise through its reflection. It was breathe taking. I started to stare into the river, losing the sense of reality through my thoughts. Then I felt something hit my head bringing me back to reality. "Ow." I looked to see what hit me. It was a small stone. Where did that come from? It couldn't have just appeared out of nowhere. Then when I looked up to see what caused it, I was shocked. On the other side of the river was standing Levi, looking at me with his grey, ice cold eyes, face looking bored. "Tsk. Brat." He muttered.
"Stop calling me a brat. And if anyone is a brat around here it's you. You're the one who bloody threw a stone at me."
"You looked like you were going to fall in the river since you were practically being absorbed by it. So I threw a stone at you to prevent that from happening." he said calmly. Then he smirked and said "brat." It made sense. But he didn't have to call me brat. This angered me as I got up. "Stop calling a brat I said. "It's pissing me off. You're pissing me off. So just shut up if you've got nothing better to say. " He just gave me a cold stare and said "Listen. If I wasn't on this side of the river I would beat you up until you are on you're knees begging for mercy and still then I would be close to killing you but I don't want to get wet or dirty. So, I suggest you keep your mouth shut and let me do what I please. Have I made myself clear?" this surprised me and automatically I responded "Yes sir." Sir? Where... no. This is too strange. I don't like this one bit. He really pisses me off but that doesn't stop him from looking absolutely gorgeou- no. He's a complete dick. I'm not waisting my time with him. When I decided I was sick of this I looked at my watch. It was only 7:30. I had time. Maybe I could get my picture back. It wasn't certain I would be successful but I had to try.
"Do you still have my drawing?" I asked impatiently. He looked away wearing his blank expression, ignoring that I just called him sir. Somehow the sunlight seemed to hit him perfectly. His grey, cold, icy amazing eyes glistened as his hair gently blew in the wind. He had black jeans, a white t-shirt, a grey jacket and black converse shoes. This image was perfect. My drawing was nothing compared to this but still I wanted it back. I had to stand my ground with this guy.
"Why d'you ask?" He said in a bored toned.
"Because. It's mine." I said annoyed. "And I still want it back." I added, realising that he didn't care. He just looked at me, hands in his pockets. I didn't know what to say or do. I wasn't going to go to the other side just to return a picture. I didn't know what to do. Then I heard him say "Whatever brat. I don't have time for this." He started to turn away and that's when I got really pissed. I decided to return the favour he did earlier by picking up a small stone, throwing it at his head. It hit him. That's when I realised I made a big mistake. He slowly started to turn around with a look in his eye that wasn't amused. I started to back away. Crap. What have I gotten myself into? This was a big mistake and I can't take it back. I have to apologise. "I I'm sorry. You just really pissed me off." He didn't say anything and just stared. I stared back not wanting to look away. His eyes are so breathe takingly beautiful- what am I thinking? No. No. No. I have to stop. Why do these thoughts always appear? I could practically feel his stare burning into me and looked away. In the corner of my eye I saw him smirk. "Idiot." I heard him mutter as he walked away. I stood there, not really sure if what happened or how I felt about him. Did I like him or hate him? Ugh. This was so confusing. I checked the time. It was nearly 8:00 so I picked up my bag and started heading for school. I arrived there early so I sat outside the school and started to think. My mind was all over the place. I wonder what he thought of me. Our encounters were usually small and aggressive but did they mean anything? And why would he refuse to give it back? No. Why was I so desperate to get it back? I could just draw another one but then... why would I do that? I didn't need it so why was this bothering me? It seemed like something so important. I couldn't explain it to myself. This made no sense. I kept on asking myself these questions when I heard Armin, my blonde, blue eyed friend. "Hey Eren. You seem a bit lost. Are you ok?" And with that I got up and said "Never been better." Then we walked to class together.

(AN: sorry. I keep changing my description. Ideas just keep popping into my head. Don't worry though. Eren and Levi's relationship will improve. I just don't want to rush into it. I hoped you enjoyed this chapter (even though it wasn't brilliant) thank you for reading)