Family Concert Surprise (Something New)

You threw your head back in laughter, not able to contain it, as the rest of the 5SOS boys joined in on the joke. Michael had been making jokes about some of the fan posters, as you all hung out backstage, waiting for the concert to start. Your boyfriend, Niall, was still in hair and make-up, the last one to get finished up, as Lou worked on quiffing his hair.

"Can I talk to you real quick?" You asked Michael, and he nodded as you walked away with him. You could feel Niall's eyes on you, but you tried to ignore it as you walked out of the room making sure you were ear shot away from the door and leaned against the wall, turning to him.

"Yes?" He asked, confused, smiling. You and he had become pretty good friends, and you knew you could trust him with your surprise.

"Okay you have to keep this secret. But you know how you all are going to be in America for Niall's birthday in about two weeks? And he's not going to get to spend it with his family or anything?" You asked, hoping Michael would go along with it.

"Yeah...?" He asked, still confused.

"Well, if you'll help me, and throw him off the trail, I want to arrange for all his family to come to the concert. I've talked to management, they said they could work it out and sneak them in, but I need you especially to make sure Niall doesn't know. I want it to be a complete surprise." You said, whispering to make sure no one was eavesdropping.

"That's a great idea! Who else knows?" He asked, looking around the corner to Ashton and Luke, who were watching your every move.

"Just Harry. He's helping too. So if you two could talk, just please make sure Niall doesn't know." You said, and he nodded in agreement. You walked back to the group, Niall hair was done As you approached him, he wrapped his arm around you, pulling you close to him and away from Michael.

"Hey babe." You said, kissing his cheek, as he angrily eyed Michael, who shrugged it off.

The next two weeks were anxious, and whenever you snuck off to talk to Michael or Harry to plan, Niall got even madder and madder. When Niall's birthday came, and you were smiling from ear to ear as you sat with Niall in his dressing room.

You had bought him a nice watch he had been wanting for ages, but he still seemed upset about not getting to spend time with family.

He eyed the watch as Lou fixed his hair and you sat across from him.

"Don't get me wrong babe, I love it, but I'm just a little bummed." He said, noticing you eyeing him.

"I completely understand." You said, trying not to show your excitement.

"Show time in 2 minutes!" Harry called out, as you noticed the 5SOS boys walking back out of their rooms, having already played their portion of the show. Suddenly, as Lou finished Niall's hair and he stood up, headed to stage, Michael appeared in the doorway.

"Can I talk to you?" Michael said, directing it to you. Niall stopped in his tracks, halfway in between you two.

"No. You can't. You two have been spending a lot of time together. You stay away from her." Niall said, raising his voice pushing Michael's chest.

You ran over, grabbing Niall's arms back, pulling him away.

"Niall! Calm down!" You said, shaking your head. He was going to say something when Harry ran by, shouting that it was time to go. Niall rolled his eyes and shoved pass Michael, you sighed looking over at Michael, who was looking at you sympathetically.

"What was it?" you asked, shrugging.

"I was just going to tell you everything is in place. It's all set to go down in about 5 minutes. Sorry to have gotten him so upset..." he said, as you two walked to where Niall's family was, hidden in a room backstage.

"It's fine. He'll understand soon." You said absent mindedly as you opened the door and were greeted to Niall's Mum, dad, brother Greg and his new wife.

"Y/N!" His mum exclaimed running to give you a hug. You gave them each a hug as they excitedly waited.

"Thank you so much for arranging this, I can't wait to see my boy." His dad said, putting a hand on your and Michael's shoulder.

"I just hope it all works out. Niall was getting suspicious and a bit jealous over how much time I've been spending with Mike and Harry, I presume, since we've been setting all this up." You said, wringing your hands together.

"Don't worry, he loves you, he'll understand." Greg said, making you smile a bit. You heard the concert start and fans began to yell, and you knew it was safe for you all to sneak around to the entrance you would be using. You could hear the boys talking, and see them on one of the big screens, and could tell Harry was about to take his cue.

"Well, I think we should sing a little Happy Birthday to the special Birthday boy, turning 22! It's big year for you, mate!" He said, clapping a hand on Niall's shoulder. You could tell he was still upset, but he was hiding it pretty well.

Harry nodded at Josh, who started the drums to the beat, and motioned for the whole crowd to join in.

"Happy Birthday to Nialllllll-" At that line, just on clue, all the lights in the stadium went out, it was pitch dark as shouts and mumble of worries rushed throughout the crowd. You all rushed into position, in between the drums and speakers on stage, behind where the boys were standing. As soon as you all got into place, the lights came back up, and the fans started cheering louder than ever. Harry glanced back at you, but the rest of the guys assumed it was just because the lights were back up, as they still had no clue and simply looked forward at the fans like usual.

You held a finger up to your lips, signaling for all the fans to be quiet. You motioned for Greg to come with you as you not-so-quietly ran up behind Niall, pouncing on him and tackling him to the ground, as Greg helped you, laughing.

"What the-" Niall said, as Greg helped him to his feet and gave him a huge hug, and he noticed his Mum Dad and Sister in law still behind him.

"MUM! DAD!" He yelled, running over to them and embracing them all, as the fans clapped and the rest of the guys were stunned.

"I see you knew about his, Harry?" Liam asked, seeing his snug expression.

"Actually, Y/N set this all up. You see, She knew Niall wasn't going to see his family, so she enlisted Michael and I to set up this huge surprise. Thank you all for helping, by the way." Harry said, motioning to the audience, who applauded again. You walked over to Niall, as he hugged you around the waist, picking you up and spinning you around.

"You did this?" He asked, hugging you tight.

"Yep, that's why I've been spending so much time with this knuckle head." You said, shoving Michael, who had joined you on stage at the sound of his name from Harry.

"Sorry for barking at ya earlier, man." Niall said, reaching out in a hand shake.

"I completely understand. She's a special one, you need to keep an eye on a girl like that." Michael said, shaking his hand and making you smile.

"I know, I'm a lucky guy." Niall said, smiling and giving you a kiss on the lips, as Harry handed Niall the mic.

"Well, this has by far been one of the best birthdays I've had. It was a great surprise, and I'm glad you all got to be part of it. Now let's get these lovely bunch off stage, and We'll get the concert started!" Niall said, running and giving everyone another big hug, saying he'd see you all after the show, sneaking in another kiss before you were rushed off stage.

Credit: Onedirectionimagines Tumblr

Edited: By me

Hopefully you liked this one there's plenty more to come.