-1-

I dragged my feet down the tiled white flooring, that I now realize have specks of white and pink. You would notice that after going in rehab for about two months. I was immediately put in here when Vic passed, they swore I was going to go off the deep end and sadly they were correct. "Mr. Quinn." The Nurse who has been taking care of me said, "You have a cab here." She smiled at me and I looked up at her with dead eyes, nodding.

Was I fully recovered?
No.
Would I ever be?
No.

Simple as that, I step outside into the world again, breathing in the smell of fresh oxygen. I look around and notice real things, real living things. Yes, I was with humans and some house plants, but that wasn't nature. That wasn't feeling fresh air come into your lungs and smelling some grass. This was real. This was a real god damn place and I made it out of that hell hole. I smiled as I walked to the cab which I'm guessing is 'loaded' with my small bag of clothes. I opened the door and plopped in the back seat, looking forward at the cab driver.
"Where are you heading?" He asked politely. Wow? They didn't direct him..I have a choice. Wait! I'm out of there. I can do whatever the hell I want.

I smirked to myself and looked up, clearing my throat before confidently saying. "Drop me off at a bar, near fifth avenue." He nodded and pulled out of park, driving away from rehab and back to my happiness.

Did they really believe I was cured?

The Sequel to Self Medicate! Woah, first chapter! What will happen? Is Vic actually dead? What about Nicki the cancer patient? Mike and Tony???? Oooooo! Mysteries! (;