6: Always kiss the speedster first

As the grand ballroom opened up before Ashley, she noticed a few things right away, most of the people attending where those of high status, or where hero's, young ones at that. She saw dark skinned guy, with a tight crop of white hair, and a boy with a mop of red brown hair who seemed to fly around the room. A red haired girl, presumably the other batgirl, stood beside a blonde haired girl, a green arrow tattoo on her wrist.

Ashley could guess most of these people, Aqua-lad and Impulse, Batgirl and Artemis. She smiled, these people would most likely be her new and closest confidants, so she made a mental note to seek them out later. Tim elbowed her softly, and she snapped her attention back to the crowd of people, who were unfortunately all staring in her direction. she suddenly felt uncomfortable and bare compared to the many scantily clad models, and elegant women that attended the ball.

Steeling herself, Ashley gave the crowd a huge smile, and shook out her thick black curls, then drug Tim off of the stage with her, barley giving him time to get introduced as well. when they had stepped far enough away from the crowd of people, she laughed nervously, and looked up at him

"That was insane!"

He grinned and said "Oh but you handled it so well young grasshopper."

Ashley grinned at him, and grabbed his hand "Lets dance!" the DJ was playing some type of song to please the younger crowd in the ballroom. The older people where either grinning or looking on with disgust as the young attendees crowded the dance floor, and began to get down.

Tim didn't even have time to protest, because she was already dragging  him to the crowded dance floor. Faces flashed before her eyes, and laughter rang in her ears she laced her finger with Tim's, and felt him pull her close, dancing slowly, even though the beat was pulsing much to fast. More songs passed, and she felt herself pressed tightly against Tim's chest, a smile plastered to her cheeks.

A sharp tug yanked her away from Tim, and in her place materialized the blonde bitch herself, a smirk plastered on her face. Stephanie grabbed Tim and dragged him into the thickest part of the crowd, but Ashley wasn't worried about that, she was pretty girl, most of the adults had fled out into the other rooms, avoiding the pulsing base. It wasn't long before the tall, broad shouldered brunette literally zoomed up to her, a goofy grin on his face.

"The names Bart, and I want to dance with you."

Ashley grinned up at him, smiling just as crazily, "Ashley, and I'm down."

Bart grabbed her, and this time there was no sweet slow dancing, there was however, rough, grinding style dancing, that would make any old lady faint, then there was goofy dancing, and waltzing, and suddenly, there was snaking away onto the roof. The night had passed by so quickly that Ashley hadn't even noticed that she had begun to hold hands with Bart, who was very energetic, and had to be snuck onto the roof to keep him from zipping around the  entire ballroom.

Opening a hatch onto the roof, Ash led the speedster to the steep incline, and up onto the roof. The pair settled down, watching the stars up above, and Ashley eyed her new friend.

"So your body vibrates so fast, your molecules just burn away the alcohol?" she asked, raising one skeptical eyebrow at him.

"Yeup, I think that its a good thing, just so I can remember when I do this." the speedster said, his crooked grin back. His entire form fuzzed for a second, and then he was solid, looking at her with clear bright eyes.

"Do what?" Ashley asked, looking at him, a smile playing on her lips, because she already knew the answer. 

Quick as lightening, Bart closed the distance between them, and had take her face in his hands, a sly grin on his face. His face was busy tilting down towards hers when someone cleared their throat, while another person just laughed.  The pair sprung apart like a loaded bear trap, and turned to face the people who had interrupted, it was none other than Dick Grayson and Wally West.

"Ashley, do you think this is a wise idea?" Dick stated simply, a unreadable emotion on his face.

"Well it was until you showed up."

While the siblings stared each other down, trying to feel out what the other had in mind, the older ginger began to tease the young speedster.

"Awe, they grow up to fast.."

"C'mon Wally, its not like I haven't ever caught you with Artemis before, doing much worse than this I might add."

"Hey, but from the looks of where you were headed, I'm lucky I caught you in time."

"Yeah, but, I-I mean."

"Hey, just remember to wrap it before you tap it."

Dick continued to ignore the speedsters semi friendly banter until this came up, and he shot Wally a look, saying "Why don't you take Bart home, okay?"

"Bye babe." Bart said slyly, and grabbed her hand, kissing it slyly, before shooting off down the hallway.

"Ditto." Wally said, before following the younger boy.

"Ashley.."

"No no." she countered with a sly grin "Its alright, next time we'll just have to be more sneaky about it." she put an extra emphasis on the next time, and sauntered off down the hall, nearly running into a couple, busy sucking face.

"Oh lord, get a room." the sassy assassin said, walking past them, just in time to see Tim look at her, his eyes filled with remorse.