1: Stealing expensive things is hard work.

Ashley watched silently from the roof, her black hair blowing around her face, she was the Shadow of Gotham, and everyone knew her name. She stood, she had a special job tonight, and she had every intention of finishing the job. Pulling a silver throwing knife she looked at it's perfectly honed edge, and saw her bright blue eyes reflected back at her in the gray surface "Lets do this."

The black clad girl jumped from the roof, landing softly on a fire escape, and swung to the ground. Running up to the side door of the huge building, she quickly hacked the system, and put the motion and heat senders on a continuos loop, slipping inside, she saw the lasers. "Ohh, a challenge!" leaping up, she swung her legs up to her stomach, but they went out to far. The room lit up. "Crap!" She yelled, and spun, racing towards the little glass box holding a necklace. Kicking the case over, she grabbed the necklace and sprinted towards the door, if she could make it to the roof tops.

A body slammed into hers, she tumbled, then leapt up, her feet sliding into fighting stance "Come to take on the Shadow?" She asks, taunting was her best weapon at this point. Ash lunged, her foot coming up, she hit the person in the shoulder, hard. Jumping, she grabbed his arm, twirling around, she caught a glimpse of his chest 'This is the real deal' she thought. It was Nightwing, and she was in for the fight of her life. The boy wonder grabbed her, and she wrapped her legs around his neck, trying to flip him, his hand fumbled, sliding across her face. Ashley gasped, and grabbed his mask, pulling it free, a blow for a blow.

She froze, her heart hammering, he was the spitting image of her, same blue eyes, same nose. She took two steps back, and stood there, he was just as transfixed "Ashley?" He breathed. Ashley nodded slowly "H-how did.." She was cut off, and he was hugging her.