13: Date

Her first few days at Gotham Academy flew by, she did her classwork, went to her gym classes, and otherwise existed in a total state of teenage normality. For the first time in her life, Ashley did not feel like she was drowning in responsibilities. 

That was, until she met her Ballet teacher Mrs. Aunette. 

Mrs. Aunette was a slim, dark skinned woman, who carried herself as regally as any royalty. She had long legs, and the most picturesque ballerina look to her. Her curly brown hair was pinned flat and not one single fly away dared to loose itself from the sever bun it was placed in.  

Her mannerism was as sever as her hairstyle. She gave compliments sparingly, and was as tough as any of her martial arts teachers. When she had met Ashley, the first thing she had done was say.

"You slouch." 

Ashley was then forced to straighten her posture completely after that. For two days after starting her class, Mrs. Aunette tested her flexibility and strength. Finding these to her liking, the hard woman had then taken measurements of Ashley's body, instructing Ashley to get the correct garments right away.

Later that night when Alfred brought her the parcel of clothes that had been ordered for her, she tore into it excited.

"You have GOT to be kidding me!" 

These were the first words to slip from Ashley's mouth as she saw the leotards and tights laid out across her bed. Some of course were workout leggings and long sleeve shirts, but the majority of them were skimpy.

"I'll look like a circus performer in these." 

With a sigh, she threw the scraps of clothing in her school bag, and flopped onto the bed. There was nothing to do now until training.

Thinking of her long lost speedster boyfriend, she picked up her cell phone and typed out a quick message to him.

Ashley- I heard about this great thing called a movie today in school. Wanna go to one?

Bart- Are you sure you can be seen in public with me? 

Ashley- See you at seven? 

Bart - <3 

Ashley grinned and tossed her phone aside, rolling off her bed with a grin of happiness. It was true that she had not talked to Bart much in the last few days, but she missed his company non-the-less. He had been a surprise that she had not expected, everything about him healed her brokenness over Able.

Shaking her head, she slipped into the hallway that lead down the hall to the training center. Reaching the end door, she pressed her thumb against the secret pad, and listened for the audible click as the door unlocked for her. 

Stepping inside the dimly lit room, Ashley surveyed the array of workout machines, fighting dummies, and gymnastics beams. Choosing to run on a treadmill as a warmup, she said,

"Play Shinedown." 

This was a trick she had picked up from her brother, the speakers here were automized to listen to voice commands. It hadn't taken Ashley long to create her own playlist of songs as she listened to the music downloaded onto her phone by Bart.

As the first notes of 'State of My Head' began to ring through the gym, Ashley began to loose herself in the music as she ran.

Soon, sweat was dripping down her face, and she slowed the treadmill. Hopping down, she turned to see Tim walking in the door of the training room. He was alone, and dressed to workout.