7: Training need i say more?

Hey look! It's my first authors note hehe. Well, I'm just here to say that school and hopefully hockey will be starting in a matter of weeks, and that I will be fairly busy. I'll try and keep updating because heck! This is getting to become more popular than I ever dreamed off!

Also if you would like to make me a cover for my story, that would be lovely, or send me requests for songs to cover the chapters theme, I think that would be fun.

Until next time my friends :)

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Ashley was up before the sun has risen the next morning, and she was determined. Grabbing the dark cloak that was haphazardly stashed under the foot of her overporportional bed, Ashley donned the darkest shirt and pants in her wardrobe. Painting her eyes dark black with eyeliner, she slid on a black bandana that had little cutouts for her eyes a crossed her face.

Examining her appearance in the mirror, the girl gave her reflection a nod, before she swept the cap across her narrow shoulders and leapt out into the night air, relishing in the feeling of freedom. Ashley landed on the soft grass that lay thickly across the grounds.

"Yooo, Bat Babe." A voice called from the bushes, and the lean brunet form of Bart emerged into the open.

"Not Batgirl, just Shadow." she smirked, and suddenly the boy was right in front of her, a smirk on his lips.

"Mmm, but I like Bat Babe muchhhh better." he drew the word much like it would magically seduce her.

"Oh yeah, well catch me if you can." she scanned her eyes around and noticed the trees, then she gave him a smirk and was in motion. Ashley used his shoulders, and vaulted like a gymnast up into the trees, perching on the thick branch. Standing up to fling herself to a neighboring branch, but a pair of strong hands grabbed her around the waist and whipped her around.

Ashley grinned at the speedster, her blue eye narrowing but she began to laugh, then, she felt her body melting into his.

"You cant run from me."

"I can try." she whispered softly, face gravitating towards his, one of her hands found its way into his dark red brown hair. 

"You can." his voice was suddenly husky, and his lips were suddenly inches away from hers.

Ashley smiled at him, and then noticed one of two things, her time was running out, and that a small tint of pink was painting the blackness of the skyline. "

Next time maybe." They sat, and dangled their legs into the open air, just enjoying each others company.Together, the young heroes watched the sun rise above the tree line, their fingers laced together.  Snapping back to reality Ashley saw movement in one of the windows of the mansion, and turned to the boy sitting next to her.

"Alas Bart, I must depart."

"Farewell my sweet lass."

After a sweet kiss on the forehead, they dropped down out of the tree, and he swung her up into her room, using his speed to propel her the two stories up. She grabbed the windowsill, and used her upper body strength to haul herself into her still open window.

She laughed, and noticed that they hadn't even made it out of the lawn, but it didn't matter, it was the first unofficial date that she had ever been on.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Ashley shoved her clothes under the bed, pulling on training shorts, and wrapping her hands with pre wrap then medical tape, a grin on her face. Stepping into the hallway, she saw the rest of the bat family gathering, in similar dress as her.

Ashley nearly went back into her room when she saw the flawless bodies of Stephanie and Barbra,  but then she steeled herself, bighting her lower lip.

Stepping out into the hallway, she smirked at Tim, who stood there open mouthed, and then stepped up next to her brother, a smile on her face.

"Morning Bro, Barbra." She only acknowledged the girl because of how much that shemeant to her brother.

The redhead smiled,  a cheery look on her face, and she replied

"Good morning Ashley."

Ashley opened her mouth to reply to her when the dark form of Bruce appeared in the hallway, accompanied by the man called Jason Todd. She followed him as he beckoned the group down the hallway, making sure to stay far ahead of Stephanie.

Bruce led them into a room that was stocked full of dummies and bars, weights and a full gymnastics set. Ashley smiled, but that didn't last for long when the black bat himself began to speak.

"Ashley and Stephanie, Barbra and Damian, Dick and Tim, and Jason and I, we'll take turn in the ring."

Ashley smirked, a smile blossoming onto her face, but as she looked at her sparring partner, she saw the opposite emotion on her face.

Stepping into the rink, she face off with the blonde, waiting for her to make the first move. When she did finally break, the blonde flew at her like a whirlwind of flying punches. Ashley ducked easily, and roundhouse kicked Stephanie, slamming her heel into the small of the woman's back. The blow was hard and fast, but Ashley had to give it to her, she recovered quickly, but only to have the heel of Ashley's palm slammed into her nose.

The crunch that resounded wasn't nearly as satisfying as when the blonde dropped unconscious, and after only two blows. Ashley knelt pressing her fingers against the girls neck, making sure that there was still a pulse, before allowing Alfred and Tim to crouch next to her, gently shaking her awake.

Looking up at the crowd, she suddenly felt self conscious, even more when she saw Jason nodding in approval, and leaning over to whisper something into Bruce's ear.

Suddenly Ashley stood, and jogged out of the room, making a beeline for the door, then, as the hallway opened up before her, she sprinted to her room, sweat dripping down her brow. Slamming the door to her bedroom, she locked the door, and slid down onto the cool tiles.

Ashley was pissed, and as much as she wanted to be smug about bitch slapping the woman who had made out with the first guy she had been interested in, she couldn't believe that she had let her temper get away with her like that.

Ra's had always said that an angry warrior was a unbridled warrior, and that they were more apt to destroy without a cause. Ashley had once reveled in her ability to let go of her anger, and to feel nothing at all, but, today had been different, and she couldn't understand why.

Ashley was yanked out of deep thought by a knocking at the door, and voices sounding outside.

"Ashley its dick, can we talk?"

"No, that's all wrong idiot, Ashley that was the best fighting I have ever seen, please let us in."

"Jason! You're the idiot here."

Standing, Ashley let the door swing open, and faced off with them, a grin on her face "You're both idiots."