Part 12

I hear footsteps coming from the other room, and I quickly set his phone back onto the table. I can tell that my face becomes red, because I can feel my face become hot. Thomas enters the room with a smile on his face, and sets the drinks on the table. "Thanks," I smile and pick up the drink. As I open the soda can, Thomas's phone on the table vibrates. My heart races and I can barely breathe, he's going to find out. He gives a small smile, then picks up the phone. His eyes widen as he reads the text, I don't know if it's because of who wrote it, or if it's because of what she said. I see him slide his screen up, and he reads the previous text messages. He eyes me, then locks his phone, not bothering to text back. "Do you have something you want to tell me?" He asks, turning his body to face me. "I think you already know," I mumble under my breath. "excuse me?" "I said you already know, Thomas!" I take another sip from my drink, and look away from him. "Why would you talk to her? On my phone?" I rise from the couch and throw my hands into the air, letting out all of my anger. "Can you blame me? How would you feel if it was the other way around? I couldn't even sleep last night because the picture of you and Claire kissing was playing over and over again in my mind, and I couldn't stop it! Please tell me, how would you react!" Tears roll down my face and Thomas stands from the couch and places his hand on my arm, trying to comfort me. "No, Thomas. Don't touch me." I pull my arm away from his touch, and sit back down on the couch, then place my head in my hands. "I'm sorry, y/n." He runs a hand up and down my back, resting his other on my thigh. I continue to sob into my palms, trying my best to calm myself. "I love you," he whispers in my ear, sending chills through me. I pick my head up from my hands to look at Thomas, and I can see the tears in his eyes. He places his hand on my cheek and leans in, pressing his lips against mine. When we pull away, a smile covers his face, and he kisses my cheek. "I love you too, Tommy."