Part 16

Thomas's POV
I sit on my bedroom floor, my head resting against the wall, and my legs pulled back against my chest. I need to figure out a way to apologize to y/n, and to get Claire out of our hair. I push myself up from the floor, and an idea pops into my mind, causing a huge grin to spread across my face.
||
Y/N's POV
I still haven't decided who to believe, Thomas or Claire. I lay on my bed, my mind spinning and flipping with possibilities and ideas of who could be telling the truth. The reality of the situation sets in, and my eyes begin to water. I hate Thomas, I really do. I stand from my bed, wiping away the first couple of tears that are drifting down my face. I hear a faint buzzing sound, and grab my phone form underneath my pillow. (Thomas: come to my house, we really need to talk.) I lock my screen, and set on my bed. More tears stream down my face, and I loudly sob into my palms. "I hate you," I whisper. Should I go? Or is it going to be another lame attempt of him trying to apologize for his wrongdoings? I slowly walk down the stairs, regretting each step more than the last. As my hand rests on the door knob, chills mix through my whole body. I slowly open the door, making sure to close it behind me. I knock on Thomas's door as I stand on his porch, regretting ever coming here in the first place. There's no answer, so I knock again. No answer. I open the door, having no idea what came over me. Rose pedals lay on the floor, leading a path into the other room. I walk along the flowery path, and I realize a smile spreads across my face. As I enter the room, I see the pedals still continue into the next room. As I enter the kitchen, I see Thomas standing there in a tux, with a bouquet of colorful flowers in hand. I notice a cake on the table, and a tiny note placed neatly beside it. I walk towards Thomas, and a sad smile covers his face as he hands me the flowers. I hesitantly take the flowers from his hands, then wrap my arms around his waist, enjoying his embrace. When I pull away, he kisses my cheek and slightly steps away. "Y/n, I want to start over. I know you won't be able to completely forget the past couple of days, but I want you to know every second I spent with you were the best moments of my entire life. I know you won't be able to say it back yet, but I love you, so much. So, will you go on a date with me?" A slight nervous smile spreads across his face. "I will," I whisper, kissing his cheek. "I know we might not ever get back to where we were, but I'm willing to try," he whispers, pushing a loose piece of hair behind my ear. I smile, and walk over towards the cake and the note on the table. "So... Cake, huh?" I smirk. "Yeah, it's chocolate." He smiles as he wraps his arms around me. I lightly glide my finger over the icing and gently tap Thomas's nose, wiping icing on his face. "Hey!" He laughs and stumbles backward. He grabs a piece of the cake and runs his hand over my face. "Thomas!" I yell laughing. "Come here, I want a kiss!" I run towards him, and he walks backward into a counter. I stand on my tiptoes and kiss his lips, smearing icing all around his mouth.