Part 18

When we arrive in front of the worker sitting in the plastic chair, my stomach churns, and I suddenly feel sick. As the man looks up, I realize I know who he his. He's pretty tall, dark brown hair that hangs loosely over his eyes, and light brown eyes that you could get lost in. "Dylan, is that you?" I smile as he looks up at me, taking his eyes off the magazine he's reading. "Y/n? I haven't seen you since grade school." He smiles and stands from the chair, and embraces me in a hug. Dylan was my kindergarten crush, and like all other grade school crushes, I never forgot him. Once I pull away from his arms, I look over at Thomas to see he has a confused look on his face, and his arms are crossed in front of his chest. "Oh, right. Thomas, this is Dylan, Dylan, this is Thomas." Dylan extends his hand for Thomas to shake it, but Thomas declines. "Well it's nice to meet you," Dylan says, averting his attention back to me. I give Thomas an annoyed look, and smile at Dylan. "It was nice seeing you again," I hug him again. "We should hang out sometime," he says once we pull away from the hug. "Yeah, that'd be nice." He turns around to the brown plastic table sitting beside the white plastic chair, and pulls out a notebook, ripping a piece of paper out of it. He grabs a pen, and scribbles something down, then hands it to me. "Here's my number," he smiles and Thomas begins walking away. I follow behind him, shoving the note in my pocket. "What's wrong?" I ask, nudging his arm. "Nothing's wrong," he snaps.

"I can't help you unless you tell me what's wrong."

"I said it's nothing, now just drop it."

He turns around to face me, and I see he has his fists clenched and his face turns a bright red. "Wait, are you jealous?" I smirk, and cross my arms. "No I'm not jealous, you just seen him since kindergarten and he gives you his number and says you two should hang out. I wouldn't say I'm jealous." He begins walking away again, and I catch up and grab his arm, pulling him back into me. "Thomas, there's nothing between me and Dylan. He was my grade school crush, it's not like I have feelings for him!"

"Do you? Do you have feelings for him?"

He becomes annoyed and jerks his arm out of my grip, stepping away from me. "Are you seriously going to be a jerk because he gave me his number? I wasn't even this angry when I first found out about Claire!" I scream the last sentence, and the tension in his face declines. "Look, I'm sorry," he walks over with his arms held out, but I push them away. "No, you don't need to hug me to try to make things better."

"Please, y/n. I'm sorry."

He comes from behind me and wraps his strong arms around my waist, squeezing me tightly. He kisses my cheek, and sways back and forth with me in his arms. "Forgive me yet?" He whispers with a smirk on his face.

"I never said I was angry with you..."

"So you aren't mad at me?" He smiles, kissing my cheek. "But I never said I wasn't angry with you." I smirk, and he picks me up in his arms, rocking me back and forth like a baby. "Put me down!" I scream, hitting his chest while laughing hysterically. "Not until you're not mad at me anymore," he begins spinning me, and I become a little dizzy. "Okay! Okay! I'm not mad anymore." He sets me down, and I fall back, when he catches me in his arms. "See, this is why you don't spin me." We both laugh, and he helps me up to stand. "So, I guess horse riding is off the list then," he says taking my hand in his. "I'd say so."