Part 14

"I was looking for the trash, looks like I already found it," Claire smirks. I walk towards her with my fists clenched when Thomas jumps in front of me, protecting Claire from my punch. "Stop! Just calm down." He acts like this is normal, and that I should be totally fine with what just happened. "Calm down? You want me to calm down?" Tears form in my eyes, but that doesn't take the rage out of my voice. I back away from him, and start running for the exit. "Y/n wait!" He yells, running after me. He grabs hold of my arm, pulling me back into his chest. "No, let me go," I mumble through my sobs. "Y/n, please." "No, Thomas. I need to know, what's going on with you and Claire?" He wipes a tear from my cheek, and uses his finger to raise my chin so our eyes meet one another's. "Nothing. Absolutely nothing." He whispers softly. "Excuse me?" Claire snaps as she approaches us. "If I remember correctly, you're the one who came on to me." A smile covers her face, it's an evil smile, a smile that is caused by joy of seeing someone else in pain. Tears slowly trickle down Thomas's face, and he steps away from me. "I'm sorry y/n," he whispers as he looks in my eyes. "I was drunk, I swear I didn't know what I was doing. I messed up." "Oh give it up Thomas, we both know you wanted it." Claire steps forward and lays her hand on his chest, and leans in to kiss him. "Stay the hell away from me." Thomas pushes her away, and she stumbles backward. "Y/n, I love you. I loved you ever since I saw you looking out your window that night. You're the best thing that has ever happened to me, and I know I messed up. I can't say that I'll get over you if you want to leave me, because you're the most amazing girl I've ever met. You're smart, beautiful, funny, and you're forgiving even when I do stupid things. I can't promise I'll be the perfect boyfriend, but I can promise I'll always love you." Tears flow down my face at a rapid pace, revealing my shocked expression. "Tommy, I love you so much. I'm so glad I have you," I run into his chest and wrap my arms around his back, squeezing tightly. He hugs me, and kisses my head. "You're my one and only," he whispers. Right now, I didn't care if I had soda all over me, I didn't care if strangers heard our entire conversation, all that matters to me is that I know I have Thomas, and nothing will ever ruin that. Except Claire... "Let's just go home." He whispers.
||
When we arrive at Thomas's house, my phone vibrates. "I hope you know, your little boyfriend doesn't love you." The number is unfamiliar, but I think I have an idea who it is. "Who is this?" I write. I sit on the couch while Thomas is in the kitchen making snacks and pouring drinks. "Who else would it be?" I have no idea how she would get my number, did Thomas give it to her? "How did you get my number?" I'm starting to worry, was Thomas lying about everything? "I got it the night of the party.. That's not important, I think you should know something." I feel like I'm about to hurl, I am not looking forward to what she's about to tell me. "What?" She's probably lying, right? "Well, what Thomas didn't tell you is what happened before we started kissing... He said that he doesn't love you, that he was only trying to get in your pants." My heart drops to my stomach, and my body goes completely numb. I re-read the text over and over again, as if I read it enough it will disappear. I hear footsteps coming from the other room, and Thomas enters the room with a smile on his face, the happiness wipes off his expression when he sees the tears rolling down my face.