O N E

~Flashback~

Eris' P.O.V.~

"No matter what happens, me and you against the world. Okay? Can you promise me that?" My best friend asked me. I was looking down as my heart shattered into a million pieces. I'm happy that he's about to start his life. His dream. But it's without me. He promised me that his journey would be made with me. But my parents don't want me to miss school. I'm barley in year 11. "Eris." He said but I stayed looking down at my old worn out converse. "Cheeks." He said and I looked up to see him smiling. "Cheeks. I love you babe. I know I promised I'd take you with me but your parents...as soon as you finish high school, I swear on my life I'll bring you with me. Got that? That's a promise I'm going to keep. Okay?" He asked and I just looked at him.

"Baby I need you to believe me okay?" He said and I nodded. "Don't forget me." I said. "Nonsense Cheeks! How could I forget my best friend since 8th grade. I can't just forget you all of a sudden. Give me a year then I'll forget you." He joked and I hit his stomach. "I'm kidding babe. I have to go, the boys are waiting for me. I love you." He said giving me one last squeeze. "I love you too." I said taking in a big sniff of his scent. The last time I'll get to smell him for a long time. He walked off into the other side of the airport. My best friend who would kick ass just to keep me safe, who'd fight off guys. My protective best friend is now leaving me. "I miss you already Zayn." I whispered as I took one last glance at the direction he left.

~Year Later~

"MUM! ZAYN'S ON TV!" I screamed. My best friend had made it huge. I'm proud of him and the other boys. They're getting interviewed right now actually. I'm in year 12 now. Or at least I will be in a week. "Ok so Zayn, I overheard you talking on the phone. It sounded like a girl." I smiled. Me. "Yep." He said shyly. "What's her name? Is she beautiful? Have the lads met her?" Rick, the interviewer asked all at once. "Eris (Air-Is), very, yes." He answered. "She's my best friend. Sorry lads, she comes first." He said. "We understand. Him and Eris are like brother and sister. They know each other inside and out, head to toe." Said Liam and I smiled.

"Its been a year and a half since I left. 7 months since we last saw her in person." He said. "Tell me what's she like." Said Rick. "She's extremely loud." Said Louis. "She's weird which is why she fits in perfectly with us." Said Harry. "She LOVES food!!" Said Niall and I laughed. "The girl can eat tons and never gain weight." He added. "She has an amazing personality. Anyone can easily fall for her." Said Zayn. "And do the two of you have a thing?" Asked Rick. He stayed quiet at first. "No..." He answered. Lies. I have the biggest feelings for the boy. We had what you call, 'friends with benefits.' Nothing too much. People would mistake us for a couple and I did wish we were but then our whole friendship would've changed.

~Year Later *Present Day*~

"Mum! Here comes the last one!" I yelled as I pushed my last luggage to the bottom of the stairs. Today's the day I've been looking forward to. Zayn's promise.

From: King<3

We'll be there in a minute Cheeks(;

The text read. I'm happy I'm leaving but sad because I'm leaving my mom behind with her boyfriend and his daughter. "Stephanie she's about to leave!" Said my mum. Steph is 18. The doorbell rang and I rushed down the stairs as Kevin opened the door. "ZAYN!!" I screamed as I jumped into arms. "Hey Cheeks! I missed you!" He said. "I've missed you too." I said. Someone cleared their throat behind us. I thought it was the boys but I was wrong. "Hi, I'm Perrie." She said. Perrie...Yes I know who she is. "Cheeks I want you to meet my fiancé, Perrie. Perrie meet my best friend, Eris." He said. "Hi.." I said.

"No love for me?" I heard Louis say. My smile grew back as I hugged him and the rest of the boys. Zayn has a fiancé...He's getting..married... "Is everything ready?" He asked. "Yeah." I said as they took my bags to the car. I turned to face my family. I hugged Stephanie first. "Behave kiddo. I'll miss you. But call me." I said and she nodded. I hugged Kev next. "Take care of my mom." I said and he smiled. "Sure will honey." He said. Lastly, my mom. I cried on this one. "I love you." I said. "I love you too baby. Take care." She said. "I will. You too." I said. "C'mon Cheeks." Said Liam. "Bye." I said. "Bye." They all said as I walked out the door. I'm kind of iffy of moving now. I always imagined it, the boys and I, plus Sophie and Elli not with Perrie. It was supposed to be Zayn and I against the world.

That forever alone feeling is kicking in. I didn't feel like sitting in the same car as Zayn so I went with Harry and Niall. Zayn gave me a look as I walked towards the other van but I ignored it. "So..Perrie and Zayn..What do you think?" Asked Harry. "What do you want me to think Harry? You know I'm deeply in love with the boy." I said sighing. Yes, all 4 boys know I have strong feelings for Zayn. How they manage to not tell him? I honestly don't know. "You cant ignore him all your life." Said Niall. "I can try." I said. "But the reason you're moving is for him." Said Harry. "He promised with him. Not him and his new fiancé." I said.

"Eris. I love you. We said it'd be better if we didn't tell you, but I have to. Niall you better not tell them I told her." Warned Harry. "Can you just tell me?" I asked. "We all have heard Perrie talking bad about you." He said. "She said that she doesn't like the way Zayn talks about you. We've all tried to back you up." He said. "All of you?" I asked. "Except Zayn.." He trailed off. "Fucking asshole." I said. "Don't make it obvious we told you." Said Niall. "I won't. I've been his best friend for years and he doesn't have my back when his fiancé talks shit about me!? What the fuck he's never been like that. All his girlfriends hated me and have told me shit but Zayn always stood up for me. Stupid hoe is brain washing him!" I said.

I let my anger out by punching the seat in front of me. "I'm sorry." I apologized. "It's okay. We're not too fond of her either." They said. "I love you guys. I hope you know that." I said and they smiled. We arrived to the airport first and boarded. I took the window seat as Niall took the middle seat and Harry took the isle seat. "I'm going to sleep. Wake me up when we land." I said and they nodded. I rested my head on the side.