Chapter 2

"I now present my daughter and future Alpha, Arabelle Shaw." My father announced. Our guests started to cheer as I walked down the wide center staircase.

I could feel my senses already starting to strengthen. I can now smell so many new scents. I see my father smiling at me and I smile back. For a father and daughter we look quite similar. I inherited my black waves, small nose and stubbornness from him. My short height came from my mother. My eyes are a mixture of both, as mom has blue eyes and dad has grey. I know which scent belongs to him.

Charlie told me that when she found Tyler, she felt tingles. On the night of his first shift, Charlie's scent blew Tyler away. Only I don't feel that way right now. There is no special scent. Maybe Liam hasn't arrived yet. That worried me, why would he be late on the night of my shift?

"Arabelle, dear. Why are you frowning?" My father asked as I reached the ground. The guests returned to talking to each other.

"Nothing. Has Liam arrived?" I asked while looking around. Even with a pair of heels, I could barely find him over the crowd.

"Yes I saw him come a while ago." He replied.

"Thank-you." I told him.

"You look rather lovely tonight. I'm going to have to keep an eye on all the lone wolves here to make sure they stay away from you." Dad said with a wink.

"Oh come on Dad, don't embarrass me. And don't take the protective Dad thing to far! I want to be scary on my own!" I laughed and told him.

"Of course. My daughter is the scariest there ever is. Now I'm going to go check on your mother. We'll start the first dance soon. You may want to mingle and meet some of the other wolves." Dad said and left. I know that by wolves he actually meant males. Although he didn't mind Liam, he always said that Liam does not have a mind strong enough to lead our pack, the strongest and biggest one in the area. But he doesn't know Liam like I do. Nobody does. I stood beside the staircase, awkwardly and searched for Liam.

"Arie!" A voice called. I turned around grinning, only to see it wasn't him. Tyler's voice is so similar to Liam.

"Hey, Tyler." I greeted him.

"I have some bad news to tell you." He said.

"Go ahead." I told him.

"Cory just got a call. His grandparents have been attacked. He and Charlie are leaving tomorrow night, and I'm going with them. We won't be back for a month." I sighed. Charlie's and Cory's grandparents are peace keepers. It's important to see if they are okay.

"I understand. Will you guys be enrolled in school there? Is there anything I can do to help you guys?" I asked. With amount of attacks rising, the safety of the pack is important.

"No, thank-you. And we are really sorry we can't stay long after your shift." He looked at me again as if he thought I was mad.

"It's fine, really. I would have forced you to go if you didn't. By the way, where are the others?" I asked him.

"Well you know, Cory is trying to eat all the food, and Charlie is trying to pull him. Becca was talking to some guys. Jules was making sure nothing breaks and I saw Liam somewhere around here." So Liam is here. I laughed at the thought of Cory with stacks of snacks and Charlie trying to swipe them away.

"Tyler, do you remember how much Cory ate at his and Charlie's 15th birthday?" I asked. Tyler started laughing.

"How could I get forget? He threw up and didn't want to touch anything that wasn't a fruit afterwards."

"I'll miss that." I told him. I watched my father guiding my mother through the crowd to the front. His maroon dress shirt matched her long dress. She laughed at something he says. They looked so perfect. Liam and I looked like that when were together.