Chapter 28

There was a lot I had to do to convince myself that last night wasn't a dream. To start off, I had to figure out how I was going to hide the scent of my bloodied knee from my parents when I came back home, but they were too wary to see through my excuse of it being my time of month. Then I somehow managed to be productive because when I woke up today, I was clean, in my pajamas and nothing was thrown across the room. There was a throbbing pain in my head, but instead of sleeping for another half hour to when I normally get up, I grabbed a robe and trudged outside and down the trail. I so badly wanted to lay curled up in bed, face pressed into my pillow as I try to search for faint traces of his when his hands were on my back and neck. . . When his lips were on mine. Warmth flooded from where my heart is, because I was feeling something new. Even though I had to look terrible – I definitely didn't sleep, I walked down. The only thing better than seeing Bryn in my dreams is seeing him in real life.

I shivered immediately when I came outside and scolded myself. It didn't snow much yet, but it was definitely winter and getting cold. Under my robes, the clothes I wore were practically promoting frost bite in a real storm. But I wasn't worried about myself. Usually people tended to a giant bonfire all night to spread the warmth, but it didn't even look like it was lit. Everyone else would have hopefully brought sleeping bags and huddled with each other. Sadly, we were not blessed with hot skin- maybe I should be more specific, we are werewolves after so we had one version covered. We didn't have scorching skin. I could only hope that Cory kept his shirt on, because he usually would whip it off and offer to 'cuddle' as some lame pick up line. You'd think it wouldn't work, but some poor girl always got roped in only to be rescued by her father later on. I really hopped the poor sucker who feel for it last night would have only had to suffer for a couple hours before she reobtained her sanity. I'm not trying to diss him, but he didn't actually cuddle and he took too much space. I couldn't lie, I really hoped I didn't anything major.

It took me a while to find my friends, but they were near where the little kids did the prank last time. It was not where we normally rested, but I understood why because Liam, Olive and Becca took over. This section had it's perks too. Secluded, dark and private- Woah. I stumbled over nothing and stopped in my place. Ty stirred a little bit to the sound of my voice, but I didn't know if I should wake him up just yet.

I crouched down beside Cory. What happened to his shirt remained a mystery but there was just a collar around his neck as if the rest was ripped off. That was one of his favourite shirts, but it was probably for the best because sometimes he'd wear it several days straight. I put the back of my hand against his forehead, preparing to feel cold, but he was warm- in fact warmer than me. I guess he shouldn't have felt too cold because he was in a sleep bag. Except it was deep purple and wasn't his. I peeled back the sleeping bag and found her. I didn't know if I should laugh, or scream, or just shake my head but I felt her forehead too, which was pretty much the same temperature. I sat down and stared at them both. I guess he wasn't really lying about sharing the warmth.

How does one wake up their friends if they have literally slept the night together and can barely stand each other.

"AHHHHHHHHHHHHHH." Ty was never a light sleeper, so I don't know why I believed he was still asleep. While I was shocked that Cory was in Jules's sleeping bag, Ty couldn't contain his terror. Cory snapped open his eyes and scrambled out, while Jules stared at him with a glare that I would hate to be on the other side of.

"What's going on?" Charlie mumble while wiping her eyes. She and Ty were in their own sleeping bags, but were laid down right beside each other. Jules and Cory had surpassed a boundary that even our ideal couple didn't do. But I guess, Charlie was all about having some space, in fact enough that it seemed she took the whole trait from Cory back in the womb.