Chapter 7

I tried fighting against it. That was my first choice. I took a nap. I watched that show with that hot guy. I went through dad's stupid eligible male wolf bachelor list (I had a mental game show with them to see who would win and be mine, nobody did), I even almost forced myself to fall back for Liam. I was plotting ways to remove Olive so that Liam would just have to be mine because there was nothing preventing him. But every distraction and choice I made created a feeling that was nagging in the back of my mind. I wanted to run away, I really did. I wanted to give up. But none of those were my gut feeling, and that was the feeling that always won. No one would be happy, but I guess that didn't matter because I wouldn't be able to function properly if I couldn't do this. Besides this new thought is probably the right choice, it has won me over in merely a couple hours even though I tried very hard to fight against it.

I stood in front of the cafeteria playing with the very tips of my fingers. I felt so anxious and nervous at the moment. Sweat threatened to form and I actually could not still my arms. I took a shower before coming here and changed my clothing. I took my time applying make-up- enough so that I knew I looked beautiful. In fact I looked perfect, so why am I like this? I must be as weird as someone waiting for test results, as anxious as a father walking back and forth in the lobby waiting to hear of his wife and new born child, as a bride getting ready to walk to the love of her life. I was doing none of that actually. But in the werewolf world, in my life this is probably one of the most terrifying yet important parts of my life. Okay, deep breaths. Don't mess up. 

The cafeteria was full obviously because it was a normal lunch period. But even if he wasn't sitting alone with his head down, I could find him anywhere in this place. He looked so great it hurt me to be so far. I fell back a little actually when he raised his head. He was so perfect; it took every inch of strength in me to stop me from jumping on him right there and throwing away the family honour. Is it supposed to be this hard? I could almost feel my wolf side trying to come out just so I can bite. I wouldn't be surprised if that side forced me to go into 'heat' just to get it done.

I walked up closer to him, it was rather hard to get me to walk at the pace of a normal person and not freak anyone out. He couldn't notice me walking towards him, I wasn't ready at all. Once I reached him and he was more noticeable I realized I was beyond wrong and incredibly stupid.

Forget jumping him, just standing in his presence makes me want to faint.

I'd be lucky if I went by without saying something foolish. Calm down! This is lust; this is all a big pile of lust. I just have to block that side of me. I forced a barrier to hide the werewolf neediness and mating part of me. I never thought that would be something I'd have to do, but this was not a normal thing. I couldn't do any of this the normal way, I would scare him. No I had to do it his way.

"Can I help you?" He asked. I was taken back for a second. He didn't sound to be upset or irritated, just mildly confused at seeing me there. I no longer felt that insane way which was great because I could think better. I could also act like me.

"Yeah, is this seat taken?" I asked him.

"No, but there are actually extra chairs over there." He said and pointed off to the side.

"I meant it as can I sit here." I explained to him.

"I can try to move." He pushed his chair back and began to get up but I stopped him.

"I didn't ask you to move. I meant can I sit here . . . with you."

"Oh. Okay." He said and he sat back. Ugh, I made this so awkward. This was a bad start.

  He looked down again and I took the chair right in front of him. Even though I wasn't in the mood to eat I brought a large chocolate milkshake with me and drank that while he ate quietly. He didn't really say anything to me. He seemed to be hiding from my presence. I'm such an idiot, how did I not realize that if I just sat here randomly he would feel suspicious. But what was I supposed to do? Run into him by the lockers, go to him at class? Hey baby whatcha doin? Tell me all of your secrets or we can just make out and I will unleash my inner wild side on you. I hope you believe in love at first sight because you, you fine handsome fire cracker, are mine. Come on, hop on my motorcycle and I'll give you the time of your life. Oh, you never did that before? Me neither but we will still do it anyways and be awesome at it. Oh that girl is looking at you, nu-uh not anymore. You are mine and only mine. That would totally kill him. What's wrong with me? God I sound like one of those annoying male future Alphas hitting on their mates- only it seems extremely pathetic when I do it in my mind.