Chapter 26

"Both of you take deep breaths, in, out, in, out." Elise guided. "Ah, good. That's how you do it, Edyth."

I sighed. My back ached, but it wasn't enough that I'd want to break my perfect posture. I couldn't say the same for Edyth, but I guess the fact that she's been shifted for a while gave her leverage over me.

"Slowly raise your leg, but keep the rest of your body in position." The healer took her foot off the ground and raised it almost perpendicular to her body. I groaned. Yoga was not my thing. I needed to go run around, maybe punch a few things. Edyth and I still backed into our mats and followed Elise. If I have to do one more downward facing dog the world would explode. Elise made us go down into planks which weren't so bad. I guess I was fit for a wolf, but this wasn't normal human yoga. We had packs and packs of weight and our muscles were pretty much frozen. This was torture.

"Now move your leg side to side and slowly arch your stomach up." I dropped to the ground and curled up into a ball. The pressure was instantly gone and I could feel myself relaxing.

"Nope. I'm done. When I'm Alpha I'm banning yoga from being mandatory." I groaned. Elise brought her hand to her mouth, hiding her smile.

"I'm sure that's for the best. But right now your father is in charge, which means yoga is still a part of your routine." She advised.

I rolled onto my feet and stood up while brushing off the dirt on my thighs. "I don't think yoga will help." Elise was pretty close to the family and she knew the cure to pretty much everything. Dad thought that she could try and ween my wolf out and she thought that yoga would help. It's a wolf, not a spirit! Edyth obviously doesn't know about my condition but she is here because she didn't shift back again either. We all suspect that that is because she chose not to but we don't say anything. She got dragged into yoga to "heal her spiritual self"- see more spirit stuff- and for some good old bonding time. I don't know how or why but dad decided to give me this special mission of getting her to open up.

"Arabelle, we are only 10 minutes in. You will feel it all after an hour of yoga." I shook my leg to try and get the ache out of it. Yeah, I feel it.

"I think I won't. Yoga and I will not get along. Thanks though. I'll will see you both later."

"You can't just leave like that!" Elise called after me.

"Bye!" Normally I would have put an effort to act as polite and graceful as possible, but Elise didn't need any of that. She laughed as I almost stumbled over a stone and went back to torturing Edyth. I guess Edyth would have to fair on her own.

I jogged along the old trail to my home. It was hard to tell if the ground was fading because of nature, or the amount of times shifters walked this path. I stretched a bit and felt the hem of my shirt rise. I pulled it down quickly but seeing the drool of the guys jogging by pile on the floor told me I was too late. They met my eyes and quickly glanced away as their cheeks flamed. Really? My sweating body is anything but hot, and I'm sure my midriff was caked with dirt. They picked up and ran out of my sight. There was an awful lot of people running around today, but today was one of their pack training days. The rouges made us double up on training days and schedules. I don't know why, but I could feel something bad coming.

When I reached my house, I cleaned myself up and changed my clothes before going to look for dad. I paused a second in front of his door. We actually didn't see each other much in a while- the down fall of being the alpha's kid. He was always busy with something and I swear that his hair was greying even faster than normal. Someday it was so obvious that he wasn't paying attention that I wondered who he thought he was fooling.