Chapter 6: Used To

I'm becoming this,

All I want to do is be more like me

And be less like you.

Chapter 6: Used To

Myra continued to stare at Jake while Vaas ranted on and on, getting out his anger. "Do you know what the problem is, hermana?" he roared. "I can't even fucking take you because I didn't pay for you! That makes it even more fucking tempting!" Myra ignored him, literally. She stared, with wide eyes at the hanging body that she knew. Jake was caked in blood from head to toe, even Myra didn't know how she recognized him beneath all of it. 

His eyes were closed and the blood seemed to come from a wound around his gut, gushing crimson downward. His neck had so much blood that, when it had started to dry, it had dried all around it, making it look like he had a red scarf. His shirt was gone (Myra didn't like to see his sketchy abs because they looked too perfect) and a rough cut lounged across his stomach. Vaas had gutted him. The thought wasn't repellent, it was rather interesting. Vaas had hung him up like a pig and opened him, not totally gutted him though. Myra could almost imagine the grin on Vaas' face as he gutting Jake. Then, the anger came, finally.

Vaas had taken her friend and strung him up like shit. He'd hurt him, drawn his blood, and left him there like a sack of garbage. When Myra thought of how badly Jake must have screamed, first there was a rush, then there was a mental battle between what she should feel. Repulsion? Grievance(no he wasn't dead yet), or should she get up and throw a tantrum? Myra decided on neither as she got up, eyes still stuck on Jake's about-to-be-dead body, and dusted herself off. Vaas looked at her, eyes going between Jake and Myra, and then finally he realized. "Oh, fuck, yeah!" he chuckled, waving his gun that he'd taken in his hands. "He was a great screamer, have to tell you that." Myra looked at him, feeling... nothing. How could she feel such a way? She didn't know, she'd been that way since she birth. She remembered feeling nothing, not even a pang of guilt or sadness, when Jane told her parents she found Smarties dead. 

Although, Myra sometimes felt things, so she asked that question inside her head. Who am I? She kept repeating it to herself, pondering over the answer, but never came up with one. One time she'd actually feel and the other, nothing. It was always a mental battle for her, ever since the rabbit. 

"What's the matter, pera?" Vaas asked, tugging her away from her reminiscing. She snapped her head back at him, blue eyes meeting his colorful ones. "Can't handle knowing he's gonna fucking die!" He was yelling now. His anger was rising again (and who's surprised!?). He walked towards her, gun in hand. She felt the fear inside her knot at her stomach as she watched him approach. He shoved his face in front of hers, grabbed her arm in a very painful manner, and stared straight into her eyes. 

The green was splashing around with the hazel brown and sky grey. The green was dominant, taking over the center of his iris, spreading outward until it collided with the light brown until, at the very border, it became grey. Myra frowned. His eyes... they were something special. "If you don't stop fucking with me, I will fucking buy you and make sure you end up like your fucking little boyfriend over there!" he yelled in her face. Myra looked down, trying to make the fact that Jake was going to die soon, sink in. But of course it didn't. Vaas tugged at her arm, pushing her into him even more. His proximity was giving Myra dizziness as she tried to focus on his eyes. His nose was touching hers and she could feel his hot breath fanning her mouth. "The price tag is still tied to your fucking neck," he strongly said. "I don't want to be the one to have to pay, because if I do, pera, it won't be a nice fucking trip on your part."

He released her and she stumbled back, her heart beating surprisingly fast against her chest. She put a hand up and pressed it against the spot where she thought her heart beat. She could feel it thumping rapidly on her hand, and almost smiled. "Now, that thing I wanted to show you," he snapped, bringing her out of her mad daze. Myra looked up at the pirate lord, frowning. She had totally forgotten about that!