Chapter 19: Bella

In another moment down went Alice after it,
never once considering how in the world she was to get out again.

Chapter 19: Bella 

Myra and Carlos came back to camp an hour after night had fallen. Most of the pirates were gone, probably gone to take care of business in other camps. A handful of mean looking pirates milled around a small hut, bowls in hands, eating the contents. Myra's curiosity had grown as she had made her way down to the camp. Her arms swung energetically despite the small pains in her body. The air was light, smelling faintly of camp fire, and a beat was drumming in the background. She recognized Rock N' Roll from Skrillex as she approached the camp center. Without another look around, Myra found Vaas sitting on a small crate, juggling his knife in his hands. When he looked up and the green of his eyes met the blue of Myra's, he stood with a grand smile. "Hey, pera!" he called, waving his hand like a little girl. 

'Hi," she replied, walking to him. When she came near him, about two feet, he reached out and took the back of her neck in his hand. His fiery fingers made explosions of heat burst under her skin. She had been slightly shivering since her dip in the ocean, and one touch from the pirate lord and she was an inferno. He lay her head on his chest, where her cheek found the usual warmth, and planted a small kiss on her forehead. Myra rolled her eyes at the gesture, letting him sling his arm over her shoulders. 

"Guess what day it is today?" he asked, planting another kiss on the top of her damp hair. 

"I don't fucking know, April fools?" she joked. The crate he was in let out a small sound and moved. Myra stared. That fucking crate moved. She continued to look at it, making sure it wasn't the fruit of her imagination. 

"Try again," he purred in her ear, chuckling when she frowned. 

"Just fucking tell me," she muttered, feeling the exhaustion take over. Her day had been so long, training with Vaas, climbing a fucking mountain, and jumping off a cliff. Now she just wanted to drift off and escape this twisted world. 

"Valentine's Day," he whispered in her ear. She perked up, sleepiness totally losing its grip on her. She looked at him, his face millimeters from hers. Her eyes spoke for her, the surprise and intrigue swimming in them. His crazy orbs swam in a sea of fire, flames igniting his lively personality. Now the surprise was getting interesting. "I have a little surprise for you," he murmured. He let go of her shoulders, moving towards the crate. He bent down and Myra heard his joints pop. He gave her a smirk as her heart sped. She was getting nervous, wondering what was inside that crate. Vaas, being the man who likes to make suspense drag on, blew a kiss with his hand. Myra rolled her eyes, crossing her arms over her chest. "I just hope you give me my Valentine present," he said, winking.  

"Just get to the point, Vaas!" she exclaimed, anxious to see what was possibly in that crate. Vaas chuckled, passing his hand over the wood, accentuating the anger in Myra. He pulled up the crate and what came out was a total surprise to Myra. 

A small tiger, barely two weeks old, crawled out. Bright orange fur, like flames, the black stripes webbing around its tiny body. Its head was round, tiny ears poking from the sides. The paws were small as well. The little tail wagged behind the tiger as it lay its eyes on Myra. With a gasp, Myra stared. The tiger's eyes were like Vaas'! Crazy green fighting with the creamy hazel, spreading into a faint grey at the rim. The gigantic eyes lay upon the blue eyes of Myra, the tiger's face illuminating when Myra crouched down. Myra's mouth hung open, eyes bulging out as she stared at the little thing. It gave a small, faint roar, showing tiny white teeth.

 Intrigued, Myra outstretched her hand, putting her palm out. The tiger looked at it then bent down to sniff it. In one swift motion, the tiger cub licked Myra's fingers and gave a small, squeaky sound. Myra smiled when the thing looked up at her eyes. The tiger was so beautiful, a pure goddess. "It's a girl," she heard Vaas say, but Myra couldn't tear her eyes from the cub.