Chapter 25: Swim With Me Little Fish

You boys think you're crazy, huh? Jumping out of airplanes... flying like birds?

Chapter 25: Swim With Me Little Fish 

It was as if Myra was in water. She could feel the fresh liquid all around her, twisting around her body and seeping through her nostrils and parted lips. The bubbles escaping her mouth floated up to the light abover her head, to salvation, to air. Her lungs burned and screamed for air, contracting everytime there was an intake of water instead of oxygen. Her jay blue eyes were half closed, seeing nothing but murky brown water. The soil that hovered through the water clung to her arms, bringing her deeper and deeper. 

The fire in her lungs intensified as a subtle yelp escaped her lips. Bubbles bobbed up to the surface, envy washing through the girl for those damn bubbles. She looked like a fallen angel, slowly drifting down in the water. The dark mane on her head was dispersed around her face, blue eyes seeming dead in the depths. Her arms floated beside her body and her legs hung loose. The deeper she went, the heavier she felt. The water in her lungs was like bricks, pilling on with every centimeter she fell. As the fire became unbearable, the brunette screamed. 

The water muffled the agonizing yelps of the girl as she wiggled frantically. It was there, just above her head! Salvation! Oxygen and relief from the raging fire in her delicate lungs. With one last strain of hope and bravery, Myra pushed her legs and arms, forcing her numb body to travel to the surface. As she did, the water whispered in her ears, whissling with every approach to the water's surface. "You can't make it, Myra," it whispered, deepening the sorrows of the girl as she slowly realized she might not make it. The burning was too great, it made the rest of her body weak and numb. "Stop fighting and give in, it's over," again, the whispering. She pushed harder against the water, eyes popping out of their sockets now. Weird, strangled sounds left her lips as she rose higher. "It's over, Myra!" now the water was screaming, furious for its' victim was now escaping. She was almost at the top. 

Suddenly, a milky white arm broke through the water, seizing Myra by the right arm. With a strangled yelp, the brunette was dragged to the surface. Salvation. Salvation is the first intake of breath after being deprived of it. Salvation is the cool and hard rock on which the girl was being dragged on, cutting the delicate flesh on her arms. For the half dead girl, who had already given in to death, salvation was the oxygen tickling her brochioles and patting her wet skin. With closed lids and a numb body, Myra knew she was alive. Not yet, she thought weakly. I'm not dead just yet. 

As she lay there, breathless and weak, Myra heard what seemed to be a heartbeat. The thick eyebrows above her blue eyes knitted together in a frown, developing the curiousity in the young woman. She was maybe hearing her own heartbeat, but it couldn't be. If she concentrated, with the loud heartbeat beside her, there were two slow thumps of a heart. Someone was there with her. Whoever had saved her had stuck around. Even in the deepest abyss of her dreams, someone stood by her side. And she had a pretty good idea who. "Jane," Myra croaked out through a raw throat and dry tongue. She heard a huff. 

"Hi, Myra," came the sweet tone of her sister. The brunette opened her blue eyes slowly, preparing her mind for the sight of her sister. And there she was, surrounded by thick fog and sitting on the same rock next to her sister.  The blond hairs on her head were tied back in a thick ponytail that dove down her back. She was truely a beautiful girl, with milky white skin and perfect lips. Myra had always been jealous of her sister's physique. 

"Why are you here?" the younger one asked, turning her head to get a better view of Jane's face. There were two reasons why the girl was asking this. First, it was to know why Jane was really here in her dreams again.The last time having been a significance of killing her past life, Myra wanted to know why this dream had popped up Jane. Second, it was a question of why had Jane saved her young sister. Dreams aren't like reality. In real life, Jane would of saved her no matter what, it's human nature. However, in Myra's dreams, Jane never lifted a finger to aid her sister.