Chapter 3- The Governator

Screams. Screams all around. I open my eyes, viewing blurry blobs running around aimlessly.

"What's going on!?," I shout, my vision finally clearing. Everyone is either too busy crying in a corner, or running around to answer me. "Fine, don't answer me.," I complain as the people I live with at Woodbury panic. I stand up, slip my boots on, grab my knife, grab my jacket, and start running down the stairs.

"Johnny, it's Johnny! Someone...," Jenny barely speaks, panting as tears cover her face. She can't seem to finish her words, but I think I have an idea what happened, because her shirt is covered in blood.

"Jenny, everything will be fine.," I easily lie to her, bolting away as I try to find out what happened. I open the gates, heading for the building exit. Once I step outside, I see a bunch of people, Woodbury and the original people who are at the prison crying, huddling around each other.

"I bet it was that Gov'nor!," I hear Daryl shout to Rick. The two are looking passed the protective gates, probably searching for someone.

"I know Daryl. But why would he shoot an innocent child?," I hear him say quietly, looking down to his boots. Wait, what!? Poor little Johnny was shot!? No, it can't be! He's only 6! That must be why his mother Jenny was at a loss of words. Poor family.

Ryan, Johnn'ys dad, runs right passed me, the lifeless 6 year old body in his arms. The two are covered in blood. Sometimes I forget how much blood the human body carries. I suddenly feel a rush of sympathy as I watch the man run inside the prison, his son's legs in each step Ryan takes. Johnny is a great kid. All we can do now is hope for a miracle.

"Everybody, get inside! It's not safe out here right now. Johnny is going to see Hershel. All we can do is hope for the best.," Rick instructs, even his confidence slightly down. This is the first time I've seen Rick with a worried look on his face. I see everyone nod as they race inside, still attempting to comfort one another by holding them close. Tears begin to leak down my eyes as well. Whoever did this deserves  to be brutally killed. I just stand there, the crowd going the opposite way I'm facing. The cries of the other little children seem to fade as I continue to gaze through the gates.

"No, I'm just imagining it.," I convince myself, looking at a man in the distance pridefully stand as he watches us move like a flock of sheep.

"Damnit girl, get inside!," Daryl says, ruining my train of thought and focus. He grabs my arm, pulling me inside the building. My eyes continue to lurk at the bushes I saw the man stand by, but this time the figure is gone. He was too far away to tell who it was. The outside keeps getting smaller and smaller, more distant as the annoying redneck Daryl drags me inside. I break my concentration on the outside, because it's hard to see from inside the building. I turn around, escaping Daryl's grip as we continue to head inside. Rick too is holding onto Sasha, taking the crying woman inside the safety of the prison.

"Now, I know that was quite a scare, but we need to stay strong. We can't let whoever did this break us down. We must stay strong. Now, we are going to set up watch teams. Whoever wants to volunteer, please step up.," Rick says, attempting to encourage the giant group he has to lead.

"I'll help.," a woman says, a sick Katana strapped to her shoulder. Rick nods at the woman, then returns his look back to the scared crowd.

"We can help too.," Austin and Sawyer say, standing up. They walk over to the woman and Rick, looking out at the crowd. 

"Count us in.," Maggie says as she and Glenn stand up. They too walk over to the volunteers.

"Me too.," Ryan weakly says, his clothes still splattered in his son's blood. Strong man. "I need to make sure this doesn't happen again to anyone else.," he continues. I see Rick nod with respect as Ryan walks up to them.

When The Dead Start Walking (The Walking Dead fan fiction)जहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें